Script not working / deleting

NerdinaNutshellNerdinaNutshell Member Posts: 20
edited June 2018 in Working with GS (Mac)

I was watching a tutorial and all was well until this script wouldn't work!
Video:

Script:

Comments

• NerdinaNutshellNerdinaNutshell Member Posts: 20

Every time I start making a complex script Gamesalad decides to just delete out of not where. Sometimes the script will disapear out of no where. Even worse there isn’t a real undo function for scripts. I started my free trial today and i am already feeling really turned off by this. Which is a total bummer because that’s one of my only gripes with engine. Is there something I’m doing wrong? Thank you

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

A few questions:

1. When you say "scripts," do you mean rules and behaviors?
    2. Are you using the Mac or PC version of GameSalad? Or the online version?
    3. Does the script/rule/behavior disappear at any certain point? For example, after you preview a scene or after you save and re-open a file or after you close and re-open an actor's rules?

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

Sorry, I merged these two threads and then realized they were different issues when I noticed you had a screenshot link. I went ahead and embedded the screenshot for you, above.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

Yes I mean behaviors (I call them scripts because there pretty much that). As you can probably tell from the topic I am using Mac. And finally usually after I click out of an actor and go back in either one of the rules (usually the biggest) or a behavior will disappear but still be in effect, either that or it will just completely go away

@tatiang said:
    Sorry, I merged these two threads and then realized they were different issues when I noticed you had a screenshot link. I went ahead and embedded the screenshot for you, above.

Those were to separate issues the first one of which I fixed but the second one not so much I’ve lost about an hour of work to this deletion bug

• Twayne2Twayne2 Member Posts: 458

You know, I sometimes have a weird problem when I create self attributes they appear in a different spot than normal, (not in alphabetical order I guess,) and after previewing the game, they delete themselves, and all of the rules that used them say that the behavior is not found, (or whatever they say, I don't know off the top of my head.) Then I re-create the attribute and they are in the right spot. A work-a-round is to delete the self attributes once I notice them in the wrong spot. It doesn't happen often anyways.

I don't really know if this is related though at all. Can I see your file nerdina?

@Twayne2 said:
    I don't really know if this is related though at all. Can I see your file nerdina?

I’m going to remake the script and then I’ll share it with you? How exactly do I share it though?

The bug is gone now I think it was just me accidentally pushing the delete button