Chartboost ads not showing after update

Hi everyone, does anyone know if there is a delay between ads being showed on apps using the chartboost sdk? My update was approved by Apple about 8 hours ago and ads stopped showing on my app. I am looking into see if this is user error or not. Has anyone else seen anything like this?

Comments

• hybridhybrid Member Posts: 183

yes, i have updated some of my android games with 1.25.94 with Rc build and normal build and they have stopped showing chartboost ads

• gizzi93gizzi93 Member, PRO Posts: 67
    edited August 2018

Every since the GDPR update, Chartboost ads are not showing properly. They get far less impressions than my older amazon apps do. Still waiting on ad mediation as well.

i also experience a change on the chartboost ads on amazon since the update, i bring it up several times and they said it work properly, but i notice a difference, i can't update my older apps, since im afraid it affect them.

• CasualEvolutionCasualEvolution Member, PRO Posts: 523

In my experience, which is recent, the first or second Chartboost ADs, these don´t shown ... after that the following ones surely yes ... perhaps these are not in the cache at the beginning? ...

@CasualEvolution said:
    In my experience, which is recent, the first or second Chartboost ADs, these don´t shown ... after that the following ones surely yes ... perhaps these are not in the cache at the beginning? ...

I don't think thats the problem.

• CasualEvolutionCasualEvolution Member, PRO Posts: 523

Previous to the > @gizzi93 said:

@CasualEvolution said:

Previous to the GDPR, GS do the cache of ADs after loading the game, to be ready to play it when was necesary
    After GDPR, GS do not cache the ADs until the variable Data Consent is filled...

@CasualEvolution said:
    Previous to the > @gizzi93 said:

@CasualEvolution said:

Previous to the GDPR, GS do the cache of ADs after loading the game, to be ready to play it when was necesary
    After GDPR, GS do not cache the ADs until the variable Data Consent is filled...

Well something is not working the way it should be. @adent42

Well, i can't see my test ads or cross promotion ads still.
    i have waited and tested many times and nothing.
    If i update an app, it stop showing me the ads, when before it was working correctly.

(on chartboost it shows impressions, but fewer than before)

i have others newer apps that are not made with gamesalad. there chartboost work like it shoud be, since day of release i can see test ads and crosspromotion, so i asume something is not working as it should be as @gizzi93 say.

my experience is on amazon and on android.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,059

I'll take a look. My guess is that the suggested practice of caching ads before displaying them is slowing down the number of ads delivered. I'll try showing interstitial ads without caching for the next RC and see if that helps.

Thanks @adent42 !
    let me know if you need help with the test when is ready

• Simple Gamer ArtsSimple Gamer Arts Member, PRO Posts: 302

My CHARTBOOST's reward videos work perfectly fine on Android, but not on iOS.

@adent42 said:
    I'll take a look. My guess is that the suggested practice of caching ads before displaying them is slowing down the number of ads delivered. I'll try showing interstitial ads without caching for the next RC and see if that helps.

Has this been done in the lastest RC?

IDK I'm still not seeing chartboost ads on all my new apps. All my old apps already in the Amazon store are showing them, so it's not because there are no ads to display. The GDPR update has messed something up.