GSLearn(.com) now re-launched! Free Templates!

Two.ETwo.E Member Posts: 599

Hello All,

Woo! After a few delays and not enough hours in a day - GSLearn is now back with some great new changes.

For anyone that is interested in following my works - You can now in a (Hopefully) easier way. It also turns out its a little bit harder to re-structure a website by yourself so I appreciate any feedback. It is an on-going process, but I did manage to get enough done so you can have access to my new works!

What are the Changes?

I have always wanted to focus on providing little ideas or learning resources for the community. With everything, a price tag often scares away people. How can you provide higher quality free work and still make it within reasonable time?
With Add-Ons!!

Almost every new template (They should all be free), you can download the core logic for the mechanism. Thats the part where most of the learning takes place. However, if you wish to have more levels, designs, better documentation or even personal tutoring for these templates. You can purchase ad-ons packs.

How does this even work?
Very simple, almost all templates are designed using tables to easily create and store levels / challenges within one scene. When you purchase or download a add-on pack, you will get CVS files that can be imported straight into the template and work.

Whats even better, is that it give me more flexibility to release these extra levels or content, so waiting between template release is shorter! And content can continuously be provided (free or paid) to templates without affecting any progress you have made.

The most important thing is that it doesn't affect the actual gameplay / logic! You still get all that for free.

Plus - if you have spare time, or interested in level building. You are more than welcome to create your own Add-On pack and sell it on the website. Just get in touch!

What has been released so far?
I have shared a few demos of what I have been working on recently. As of now, you can download the Unblock Me demo. (Ad-ons coming later in the week) and the New Clocks of Time template (Ad-ons coming later). There is a lot of smaller helpful templates for beginners coming very soon.

Overall - Hopefully by providing access to all templates for free, and only providing paid options for those who want to save time / creative materials can do so.

Again, still slowly updating the website - and at this point in time, you can still access any previous GSlearn template.

Let me know your thoughts! - and all the best with development!

Visit GSLearn.com

Best,
Two.E

Comments

• mikejamesfishermikejamesfisher Member, PRO Posts: 88

Site is looking great! Simple and stylish. Will have to check out on laptop to really dig in. Thanks so much for sharing all your genius and hard work!

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

This is absolutely fantastic and something I've been looking forward to for months. Glad to finally see it come to light, and looking forward to seeing how it grows. Thanks for your contributions to this community!

• wolala123wolala123 Member Posts: 248

Hi
    The UNBLOCK ME template is Find a Match template. Thanks

• Two.ETwo.E Member Posts: 599

@wolala123 Fixed! - Not sure why it keeps changing. There will be a documentation PDF file added soon. :)

• wolala123wolala123 Member Posts: 248

@Two.E said:
    @wolala123 Fixed! - Not sure why it keeps changing. There will be a documentation PDF file added soon. :)

Thanks for it. ;) nice work. You're awesome

I am now back in action after a bit of delay due to some fires! If you have emailed or messaged me, you should have a response back!

Lets have a quick look what's new with GSLearn:

ROADS!

Based on an older template (Paths), this new version adds so much more. Better logic. New levels designs. 10 x 10 grid to work with. Easy to add levels.
    Plus, this game style is currently toping the charts.

I also included the option of my own add on to the idea. You can add limits on road building as shown in last level of video. It really opens up some ideas for level building and is the exact same process as to build a level then if it isn't included.
    Includes 5 levels.

Let me know your thoughts!

Squares! (New)

An updated on a previous (paid) popular template. New design. Made for iPad so it is easier to adjust. A few changes with logic and structuring.

Site Update:

Original GSLearn Templates now added to front page of website. I did get a few messages regarding these. They are still on the website, so hopefully this makes it easier to find them.

Whats in the Works?!

• Personal Tutoring (through Skype). Something that I do for a few people, and now will be opening it up to anyone. (Paid). If you want any GSlearn template explained, walk through on creating levels, or adding features. Then this is the service for you. Will be available in coming days!

• 1010! is getting there. Its been a real time consuming job to get things in order. GS is always crashing every two minutes. I apologise for the delay again. I know this is something a few of you are keen about based on the emails I am getting :)
      (I run into a problem with the Pieces creating method. Hoping the new way will give you more easier customisation)

• Sodoku: has been put on hold until 1010! is completed. Should be done fairly quickly once development continues.

• Clocks of time! First Level pack is almost ready with 25 levels (Paid).

• Project Big Shapes! - A very basic gameplay involving squares and grids.

• Project Noodles! A re-make of Pipes with much better logic (Currently about 60% completed)

• Level design work for UnBlock Me! paid packs. About 8 extra levels made thus far.

Lastly, Thanks again for the interest. Unblock me has been downloaded 100+ Times already which is always great to see. I hope those that if you make something out of these templates that you share with me and the GameSalad Community!

Best,
    Two.E

• unbeatenpixelunbeatenpixel Game Developer Member, PRO Posts: 568

@Two.E said:

ROADS!

This is great. I would like to see it as a finished product.

Check out my games on the App Store!

Wordgraphy / Polycolor / 20 Seconds / Minimal Maze

Love all of these - super excited to see the site evolve and grow!

@unbeatenpixel
    Me too, but It has your name written all over it :D

@Braydon_SFX Thanks! I am liking what it is slowly turning into. Great support as always.

Dot Pop

Tap a dot to pop it and try and pop all other dots via a chain reaction! Yes I have popped all 50 dots, and yes, it was very satisfying to watch!
    After a serious of grid / table heavy game mechanisms, I thought I would surprise with a physics / motion based one.

Download for free on at GSLearn.com

Let me know your thoughts, and as always, feel free to share your creations!

Best,
    Two.E

• unbeatenpixelunbeatenpixel Game Developer Member, PRO Posts: 568

@Two.E said:
    @unbeatenpixel
    Me too, but It has your name written all over it :D

Really? :# I'm working on a word game but after this game is finished, I can work on this idea, still prefer you to do it.

Check out my games on the App Store!

Wordgraphy / Polycolor / 20 Seconds / Minimal Maze

• hzappshzapps Member, PRO Posts: 173

You guys totally rock. I picked up your endless golf and will launch Leaping Lava in the new year.

• hzappshzapps Member, PRO Posts: 173

Thank You

GREAT NEWS!
    Until the new Year - I am offering Skype tutoring for free! Simply add me on Skype. Focusing on either the templates on GSLearn or a walkthrough on building/adding features in your own game.

">

Best,
    Two.E

Extremely generous!

• JB makin' a gameJB makin' a game Member, BASIC Posts: 39

I gotta say that these templates are awesome. More than once it was the final piece of the puzzle. A lot of insight in game mechanics came from some of these templates, so for that I thank you very much!

@hzapps Very cool! Thanks for sharing. I hope it goes well for you in 2019!

@Braydon_SFX Cheers! All the best for the New Year. I hope its even more better than this year in terms of your career / Learning!

@JB makin' a game That is very nice to say! Always very rewarding to hear the countless hours are helping others with your game development :)

As for Skype, I am booked out! Just not enough hours in the day. Hope it has helped.
    2019 will be starting with a handful of nice releases.

1010!

Now available. Again, I am sorry about the delay since it was first teased. Happy to hear any feedback or if any bugs. Slowly updating website page with more info.

Download Here!

More to come soon!

Best,
    Two.E

Swing Spikes!

The biggest feedback I seem to get is I need to make more physics based games. Here is swing spikes, a very simple game. Very easy to customise, edit, and publish. Its one of the more simpler templates to understand!

I hope it helps with development! Download for free at GSLearn.com

Best,
    Two.E

Very nice! Love it!

@Braydon_SFX
    Thanks. Was glad to finally get 1010! out the doors. Made some great expansions for it to showcase at a later date.

As for Swing Spikes. Literally made it tonight. Took 20 mins to make. And 20 mins to play test because I actually liked it a bit. Hopefully it helps inspire someone!

Thanks again for support!

edited February 2019

Update:

Quick Quiz 2.0

Introducing the next update for popular Quick Quiz Template. Built from the ground up again with better logic. Now includes Categories due to high demand!! All scenes in one. No loading times. Individual high scores for each category. Plus everything that made the template so easy and simple before.

The update to most popular template I have released is available for free for those that have purchased it from GSLearn.com. Just re-download it.

Big Changes to GSLearn

Just finished re-structuring the site. A lot the premium templates are now paid. Thanks for downloading them. We now highlight more of the original templates for those new to the site.

Quite a few previously paid templates now free, including Colour Match, Corners, Grid Shapes, Line Logic and more. I hope these add value to your development process.

This took more time than initially thought, but back working on some new template ideas!

As of the end of the week, all our templates will be exclusively on GSlearn. It is always exciting to see new things with GS being done, and we weren't seeing that with GShelper. If you have bought any of our template from GShelper, and want them added to your account on GSlearn. Send me a message!

Finally. I feel I am at the stage where I have done lot of different templates. I would like to spend the next few months updating the ones I have. :)

As always, any feedback or comments is always nice!
    You can also get in touch with me through Skype via the website if need be!

Best,
    Two.E

I have this bookmarked so I don't miss a single update - thanks for all of the cool stuff, @Two.E !

Basic logic completed. Simple game based on Ketchapp's Circle. Wanted something that showed Lines being created / removed instead of using sides of screens to hide it. Game design to come next.

• SmclannSmclann Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2019

Is there an update to the hoop template? Its been a month which is more than enough time to release it... so should be free right. I have idea for it and would be great to get released before end of April for college.
    I have already released few of other templates into games so you can just message me if don't want to share it.

Hi @Smclann
    I've been a bit distracted with a few things. I will make sure to try get it out soon. :)

Hello!

Super Level Select (Free) --- Coming very soon.

Figured it was time for new Level Select template. The great thing about this (Thanks to Grids and Tables):

You can have an endless amount of Levels. And if you do decided on a number of levels, for example 4,500. Then it will loop back to the level 1 if need be.

Just waiting to be more inspired to add in some better design choices before releasing + instructions.

Very easy to customise, whether it be number of levels, number of stages, colours, sizing, swipe, speed, Text, and placement of levels actors.

Also includes a level unlock system.

I hope you find it interesting and will update when it fills in this empty space!!

Best,
    Two.E

Dang dude! Awesome!

• famekraftsfamekrafts Member, BASIC Posts: 834

I will give your templates a look once I finish working on my current game and book. Nice works though.

@Two.E said:
    Coming very soon.

Well that was a lie!