is it possible to highlight word puzzle?

emojiemoji Member, BASIC Posts: 66

hello, would someone guide me how to highlight the word in the puzzle like the image?

Comments

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,333

Here's an old demo I made that contains a similar concept. It wouldn't be overly difficult to apply the same general concept with some restrictions to get the result you're after.

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

Without taking a look at @Armelline's demo, the way I would do it is to determine the start and end points (x,y) and then position a rectangular actor at the center point between the two and rotate it according to the slope of the line between the two points (potentially using vectorToAngle).

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    edited June 2019

Here's a demo of what I mentioned. It doesn't have tables or anything fancy yet but I think you'll get the idea. The middle letters (P, P, L) are in fixed positions but if you move the first letter (A) and last letter (E), you'll see that the highlight actor repositions and rotates to follow them. It won't auto-size but that could be added.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• emojiemoji Member, BASIC Posts: 66

thanks very much! I'm going to dive into this now since i have free time now.