New Apple controller support

Hello all, hope your having a great day.

Havent posted in a while guys but wondered about controller implementation now that ios supports it, is it just the same as how it currently work or are there some other things we need to do for it to work on ios with ps4 and xbox pads etc?

Comments

• BlackCloakBlackCloak Member, PRO Posts: 38

I don’t think Gamesalad has ever supported controllers on iOS (someone correct me if i am wrong). There are several older post on this forum about iOS and controllers.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

Yah. We're using an open source library for our joystick support that one of our former devs created. At the time he didn't have iOS controller support since it's kind of a separate beast from how other stuff works. I'll take a look to see if there's an update we can throw in.

• jay2dxjay2dx Member Posts: 611

awesome, This would be really good

• Glass FrogGlass Frog Member, PRO Posts: 136

HI @adent42, is there any update on iOS controller support?

My Website: http://bit.ly/2c0ohmM
    My Apps on Google Play: http://bit.ly/2cccMIy
    My Apps on Apple App Store: http://apple.co/2bUSd0i

I am only commenting as the main contributor of the open source controller lib. The the open source lib is now feature complete for iOS, and Mac MFI but i am still fixing bugs.
    I am NOT speaking for Gamesalad and have NO control over what Gamesalad does.

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069
    edited February 2020

@BlackCloak said:
    I am only commenting as the main contributor of the open source controller lib. The the open source lib is now feature complete for iOS, and Mac MFI but i am still fixing bugs.
    I am NOT speaking for Gamesalad and have NO control over what Gamesalad does.

Hmm, very nice! Would be awesome to have the updated lib in GS if they can integrate it.

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327

Will tag @adent42 in here in case he didn't spot the thread, as I'd like to help him with his world record attempt at most things simultaneously on one person's plate.

edited February 2020

I have some test build of my controller test app (Game Controller Information) (Not Gamesalad) for iOS using the new controller lib. If any one once to help test so I can finalize the open source controller lib send me a message and I will add you to my test flight for the build. (Other platform test app with be available soon)

@Armelline Looks like @adent42 posted about the new version of Freestick being included in a new version of GameSalad

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034
    edited April 2020

FYI, I'll need to do another update shortly. The values for the Y axis of analog sticks are reversed between MFI (iOS official sticks) and what freestick usually reports. @BlackCloak kindly put out an update right away, but I'm a bit slow in integrating it. There should be another RC tonight or tomorrow.

• adriangomezadriangomez Member, PRO Posts: 436

I also noticed an error when I plug in my mouse. Not sure if you can fix it. This error will repeat over and over and lock up the game.

Gamepad connected at index 0: Generic Controller Extended Gamepad. 8 buttons, 6 axes. ERROR: ERROR: TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'gamepad.axes')

edited April 2020

@adriangomez What mouse, ipad and iOS are you using?

I dumb HP mouse with 6 buttons. The iPad is an iPad air 2. I don't have it currently on me to check the OS. I wouldn't worry if the issue is in your library, I can pull down and reproduce it.

@adriangomez

Sorry for the late reply

I can not reproduce this issues in my test app.

Tried on an iPad 6th Generation running iOS 13.5.1

Using an Apple Magic Mouse and Dell Blue Tooth Mouse M/N-RBB-DEL4

If you are still having trouble please reach out to me

The issue disappeared with the latest update. Sorry. I should have mentioned it.