Wondering when each of these features will be added to GameSalad (Desktop version):
- Window memory. If you've resized the Inspector or were viewing a certain group of actors in it and then you open an actor to view its rules, the moment you close that actor's rules, everything resets. It should remember where you were and how you had things set up.
- Actor lists. View actors in the inspector by list/name, not just icon.
- Actor sort. Sort actors in the inspector by date added, date modified, name and scene.
- Attribute sort. Sort attributes in the Inspector by date added, data modified, and name.
- Attribute search. Search for a particular attribute and have it return which actors are using that attribute.
- Attribute delete warning. Before, when deleting an attribute it would show you a list of actors using that attribute. That warning should be restored.
- Scene zoom. Zoom in and out of the scene.
- Scene grid. Overlay a custom grid in the scene for planning purposes. Can be enabled prior to preview and during preview of a scene.
- Attribute viewer. Pop-up window that shows attributes and their current values during preview of a scene.
- Table viewer. Pop-up window that shows current table values during preview of a scene.
If some of these are already part of the web version of GameSalad, I'd be interested to know. I believe some are. I just have found the web version too clunky to use. The interface design needs improvement. But knowing that they had been implemented would make me less likely to request them for the Desktop version (although secretly, I'm hoping the Desktop version makes a comeback!).