Ironsource ads not showing in some (but not all) apps!

DigiChainDigiChain Member, PRO Posts: 1,277

I have an odd issue with Ironsource ads not showing in a minority of my apps.

Over the last couple of weeks I have updated my games on Android and added Ironsource to them for ads.

In total I have updated 16 games but for some reason ads don’t display in 4 of these apps (either test ads or live ads) when using Ironsource. However if I publish selecting another ad provider (such as Admob) the ads display fine.

I’m pretty sure Ironsource is setup correctly for these apps as it is setup exactly the same as my 12 working apps.

I’m also pretty sure it isn’t a code issue within the apps themselves as the ads work fine when publishing using another ad provider.

Logically it would seem I have missed something in the Ironsource setup or Gamesalad publishing - but I’ve checked everything and all seems fine.

Has anyone else had a similar issue??

Comments

• adriangomezadriangomez Member, PRO Posts: 436

Do you want me test one of the non-working game/apps? I can see what I see on the console.

• DigiChainDigiChain Member, PRO Posts: 1,277

@adriangomez What exactly would you need to run your test?

The non-working games are now live on the store using Admob ads instead (which works fine).

I could generate a signed APK of one of the problem games using Ironsource and send that to you if that is any good?

• adriangomezadriangomez Member, PRO Posts: 436

Yes that would be fine. If you can send me a signed APK. It would also help if you told me what devices you are using to test that don't show ads so I can dig up a similar one.

Ok - I'll get a signed APK sorted for you tomorrow (if I can find the time) - otherwise will sort on Monday. Thanks!

Ok, so I've regenerated three of the non-working games today. Two of them are now showing Ironsource ads. I've no idea why they now work as I haven't changed anything in Gamesalad or Ironsource - but my suspicion is that the issue must be Ironsource for some reason not serving the ads.

A third game still isn't displaying either test or live ads, but as it has very low downloads (and is working with Admob ads) I've decided to leave it as it is for now and focus on other things.

Thanks for the offer of help though!