IAP logic questions

I want to prompt the user to purchase the app after the first loss. Can someone please layout the logic for this? Do I use IAP process? I can't seem to find something that makes sense for this, since it is not a consumable, etc..

Comments

• sinbotsinbot Member Posts: 232

No one here has one this before??

• UltraLionBluUltraLionBlu Member Posts: 157
    edited August 2020

I haven't had to go through the iap part yet.

However I imagine you will have to do a similar thing.

Boolean attribute on False

if Boolean is False - shows the play game button

after the match - boolean attribute on True

if Boolean is True - shows the buy button with its IAP

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327

It sounds like you should just pop up a button after first loss that directs the player to your store. If your store only has one item, the "Buy IAP" button, you could pop that up like @UltraLionBlu has suggested.

• sinbotsinbot Member Posts: 232

Any idea how this is going to effect people who have already purchased the app? And what about promo codes? Will they offer the app full unrestricted or will it have limited access?

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

You'll need to add both a Buy and Restore button.

My suggestion would be to include a "Sell Scene" with a big Buy Now button and a smaller Restore Purchase link. The scene could also have images and copy extolling the benefits of buying or asking the user to view a Reward Video ad for one more turn.

If you mean a Trial promo code, we don't have a separate state for that, so they would get full access until the trial is over (assuming you're treating it like a subscription).