2020 Creator 2.0 Thanksgiving Game Jam (Win GS PRO)!

Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
edited November 2020 in Miscellaneous

Happy November, GameSalad community! 

It's been a while since we've conducted a game jam - and considering how unusual this year has been, we thought it may be nice to bring some fun to the community! Plus, we've got a little something for those who participate, and a great price for the winner as well!

So, start preparing for...

The 2020 Thanksgiving Game Jam! 🥳

Some of you seasoned veterans may remember the other Thanksgiving jams we’ve done in the past. For those of you who have joined the community since then, you’re in for a treat! 

Theme:

This year, we've decided to go for a theme of HARVEST! Interpret this how ever you want and go wild! Creativity is always a plus!

____________________________________________________________________________________

Prizes: 

The winner of the game jam will receive **1 MONTH OF GAMESALAD PRO!**

Also, everyone who participates in the competition will be awarded with a special forum badge commemorating the jam! 

____________________________________________________________________________________

Rules & How to Enter:

1. Build your game with the web platform, Creator 2.0

2. Games not developed in Creator 2.0 will not be considered as an entry.

3. Publish your game to the GameSalad Arcade and submit your game for the contest by posting the link here to for all to play! Feel free to spice up the submission and post descriptions and screenshots as well! 

4. One game submission per person. 

DEADLINE: November 26th at 10:00 pm Central Time

Make sure you submit your entry before the deadline!

Judging:

I will judge each submission after the deadline and will contact the winner via PM on the forums. Judging will be based on the overall quality of the game in relation to the theme provided above. Below is a list of a few things you should keep in mind while developing:

* Functionality/ease of use of mechanic

* Replayability

* Creativity/Originality

* Art

* Sound Effects/ Music

We're looking forward to seeing the creativity from our community! 

Best of luck to all! 

Braydon

Comments

• adriangomezadriangomez Member, PRO Posts: 436

I just have to mention that my laptop died recently and I am forced to use the creator 2.0 while I wait for my mac to be fixed. I tried it a long time back and didn't like it, but it has come a long way. Trying it again now I am not sure I'll need to go back to the desktop version.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

@adriangomez, shooting myself in the foot temporarily, you probably will once your project gets past a certain size.

We have some optimizations scheduled in the future (mostly around only having the active document and linked document in memory and not the full game).

That, and upgrade to Vue 3, and a refactor of the layout editor are going to make the HTML5 version a force to be reckoned with!

edited November 2020

I feel like already highjacked this thread, but once you start making the changes if it is possible to also be able to lock the position property off of the prototype. It would be awesome. How I usually work is that the prototype defines the position of some shared objects. If I ever need to move them, I can move them all by changing the prototype. I can't do that on the creator 2.0. Well I can't do it with recently added objects. The ones that were there originally are still tied to the prototype (as long as I don't move them in the scenes).

My games don't get that big for me to notice the memory issue but looking forward to the update.

• GamingChefGamingChef Member, PRO Posts: 11
    edited November 2020
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

Only a few hours left to enter into the competition!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Here is mine. This is as far as I got with my game before I ran out of time. It is almost food time. I plan it to publish it on at least Android once I add all the features I planned to add for this contest.

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

Thanks to those who participated in the competition! I'm closing this thread and will announce the winner next week!

This discussion has been closed.