"You must provide a Privacy Policy URL"... mandatory for Apple :(

Hi, a few days ago Itunes began to demand the link to the Privacy Policy ... otherwise the game can not be submit to review.
Anyone have already run into this? How solved it?
Maybe it's a good idea to have a generic and simple "privacy policy", that each one of us can fill in the blanks with our information.

Comments

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793

@CasualEvolution said:
    Hi, a few days ago Itunes began to demand the link to the Privacy Policy ... otherwise the game can not be submit to review.
    Anyone have already run into this? How solved it?
    Maybe it's a good idea to have a generic and simple "privacy policy", that each one of us can fill in the blanks with our information.

yeah i got that last week when i did an update.

i use a twitter page as my games url and put a blurb on that about using non-targeted ads, and not collecting any personal data. i used that as my privacy policy url.

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

I set up a Tumblr blog for the purpose. Just any place with a privacy policy (you can generate one online) to link to, really.

• CasualEvolutionCasualEvolution Member, PRO Posts: 521

Thanks, I added this on the game page ... but I was hesitant about the text content of this privacy policy ... I did something very simple :P

• Chris FitsimonsChris Fitsimons Member Posts: 134

Hi. Does anyone have a privacy policy for a game produced by GameSalad that has no ad-network and does not collect any user information? Is it better to create one from the above URL even if none of my games collect anything? I have games for all ages do not wish to be restricted by age in the google play store. thanks.

• lewisonelewisone Member Posts: 48

Wowzers @pHghost . The most difficult thing I have found is finding a solid TOS and PP to use as a template. That one is awesome to use, thanks for sharing. I read through it and didn' t need to change much for my needs.

-LewisOne (My Website, FB, Twitter, IG, YT)

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

Super, glad it’s still helpful a couple years down the line!

Yeah, that’s the great thing about it, you generate it and then can edit out the things you don’t need.