AdMob banner size bug on iPad

RedRoboRedRobo Member, PRO Posts: 680

Just noticed when using Build RC and testing on iPad the admob banner at the top of the sceen appears the wrong size, it appears too small, more like mobile phone size.

When I use the 'Generate App' button instead all works correctly and the banner ad appears the correct size, fully filling the top of the screen.

Would you mind investigating please @adent42

Thanks

Comments

• JaimeCCJaimeCC Member, PRO Posts: 17

Same little ads banners on iPad when using Build RC. I support @strag suggestions to fix this bug. Any news about this @adent42 ?

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

I'm still working on the android build, but we'll look into it next.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034
    edited December 2020

So while waiting for Android build test results, I think I worked out the iPad thing. I haven't tested on an iPad, but I did update the code to use Google's new Adaptive banner ads. For the last build we just used the standard OG banner ad size (and before that we used what were called "Smart Banner Ads".

Basically chalk it up to some lazy coding when I was updating the iOS Admob Integration to the newest version. I just followed google's example code.

Gonna test that this weekend and early next week, so hopefully that will be out and fixed soon.