help with iOS publishing please

I'm at deads ends :(

any one know what to do from here???

Comments

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793

the first time i published on ios it took me a few hours each night for the nights before i got it right. it was driving me insane until i went through thunderchild’s walk through video, which seems to have been removed from youtube.

have you installed your certificates and profiles on your mac? (ie. double clicked them once you downloaded them)

• freneticzfreneticz SwedenMember, PRO Posts: 774

I also got code signing error 1, most likely something with certificates.... Have not been able to publish for a year or so

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327
    edited February 2021

Edit: Sounds like it's something being fixed on GS's end.

• dimsdaledimsdale Member, PRO Posts: 495
    edited February 2021

thanks members.

I guess I'll have to try using something that works?

any suggestions on something similar to game salad??

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327

You could temporarily sign with another app. This one was suggested in another thread:

https://dantheman827.github.io/ios-app-signer/

edited February 2021

i signed and published an update a week or so ago. is it really a gs issue?

have you changed machines? i think there’s a block if you try using certificates on machines other than the you used to originally download and install certificates and profiles on. has nothing to do with gs.

edited February 2021

Thanks Armelline I'll take a look.

Thanks bob loblaw, if it does work, then I will keep trying :)

yes, I'm on a new machine and have started from scratch. let see if I can work it out :(

Armelline how or where do I get the input file? I've tried downing it from game salad but I just got a zip file??

if you’re on a new machine, i’m pretty sure you need to import your certificates and profiles to the new one. there’s a process, not just copying them over.

https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/130289

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

I've removed the framework from the current build to fix the signing issue short term.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

Also if you have signing issues with GameSalad in the future, another open source option is:

https://dantheman827.github.io/ios-app-signer/

edited February 2021

@adent42 i did download the iOS-app-signer, but there doesn't seem to be a file that i can open, within the zipped up file i downloaded from GS?

the video refers to a tv iso file, a .deb file? what am i looking for within the zipped file from game salad??

Unzip an there should be a ".app" package. You can drop that into iOS App Signer and it will sign it and turn it into an IPA.

maybe i'm doing something wrong else where, there doesn't appear to be anything .app file

i've go back to try work the cook book from scratch again. i have seem to have gone back wards :(

and the iso-app-signer give me:-

Ah yes, that's beyond us.

The support team (blue chat) might have some suggestions, but it looks like you need to refresh the link between your developer identity, profile, and signing cert.

Could some one publish it for me :) ( please, please, please :)

It's just a shell to a website. But I need it up ASAP.

But I also seriously want to update old projects and finish a few new ones. It's something I want to sort out. Maybe if i reformat and start from scratch again? but the cook book like 6-7yrs old now. needs a update.

• dsrn@mac.comdsrn@mac.com Member, PRO Posts: 13

Hey dims dale,

Did you ever resolve your initial issue?

Im having the same problem at the moment.

Thanks

David

• woodenliouswoodenlious Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2022

Furthermore, to be sure, Apple makes it a lot harder than Google with regards to distributing applications. This doesn't mean it's unthinkable be that as it may. All you will require is tolerance and, if conceivable, heeding the guidance of someone who has done it previously. This is what it resembles to transfer an iOS to App Store

I've just followed the latest tutorial I think, got thinks working now.

Just need to work out Google Soon.