Ad Fraud

Amare StudioAmare Studio Member, PRO Posts: 12
edited February 2021 in Tech Support

Hello to the community.

Yesterday google sent me this, regarding an app i had created in 2018 with gamesalad. They removed my app from google play store.

Has anyone faced this problem before? Any suggestions?

Obviously, i haven't done something to violate google policies. Even if i wanted to, how could i ?

*Edit: By the time my app starts an ad is shown. Do you think that this may be the cause of the problem?

Comments

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793

what kind of ads are you using? if you have banners and they appear even partly over the position of button touch areas, google will crack the shits because it can make people accidentally click ads.

• Amare StudioAmare Studio Member, PRO Posts: 12

I only use interstitial ads every now an then inside the app. I just wonder if the ads appearing at the very beggining are causing this issue (as the user does not have to press any buttons for the ad to appear)

• adriangomezadriangomez Member, PRO Posts: 436

When was the last time you updated the app? I don't think the start-up ad is an issue because Admob has a new ad that shows before the app starts.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

It could also be a generic catch / false positive from old ad networks SDK. Maybe time to update?

• Amare StudioAmare Studio Member, PRO Posts: 12

I haven't updated since 2018.... I'll give it a try...Thank you all for the responses...

• adriangomezadriangomez Member, PRO Posts: 436

Since you have not updated since 2018 it is probably an old ad network that did you in.