Android deleting tables

nir3112nir3112 Member, PRO Posts: 304

hi guys..

in my app I have big table and the user can search on it by typing some keyword and hit on the search button.

the app works all the time for the past 6 years, and yesterday I finished an update - the update was small one with some bug fixes and UI changes.

when I testing on my iPhone everything works fine, but when I test it on my galaxy S9+ I go to the search and I cant find anything. I tried to add some actor with Display text on one of the table cells and on android the cell is empty like the table is not exist at all.

on my iPhone everything is working as expected and the build is the same.

someone experienced this issue and know how to solve it?

thanks![=

Comments

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

@nir3112 can you DM me your publishing link so we can look into it? Also, did you use the RC or the normal build. Thanks.

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793

the gamesalad phantom strikes again!

a couple of years ago the gs mac desktop version started to bulk delete my images after i clicked - to remove individual images. was weird.

• nir3112nir3112 Member, PRO Posts: 304
    edited March 2021

Thanks for the answer.

yes I used the RC build. I created new empty table and imported my CSV to it and the I changed all my code to work with the new table.

but there is more problems..I cant press buttons when Im using the "drag & cam" method to move the screen(on iPhone there is no problems at all.) I changed the UI so I don't need to use the moving screen.

but now new problem - on iPhone all the app is perfect! BUT on android when I open the main scene after the player changed data and save it, the app got stuck and crash.

What is my publishing link? you mean link to my publishing app page?

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034
    edited March 2021

@bob loblaw int this case it might not be a Creator phantom, but the loading code on android.

@nir3112 this may be related to our new code for loading tables (changes made to help with loading data from expansion files).

This is why a link to your game would be helpful, as it can help us track down any flaws in our RC loading code. Thanks!

@nir3112 if you are not using expansion files, try using the normal generate instead. The normal generate is now usable on the Google Play store and the RC is only for expansion file support right now.

I tried to build it not RC and looks like everything is working fine with the tables and the app is not crashing anymore.

thanks!

if you still need my publishing link I will sent it to you[=

@nir3112 yes, it would definitely help with testing, as we want the RC to become the normal build soon, now that we have documentation for it.

So I just need to send you my publishing link from my browser? I understand correctly?