1)Size 2)Camera-Size 3)Camera-Tracking Area < What is the differences between these three dimension?

I am so confused about these three dimensions. Thanks in advance.

Answers

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793

red- your scene size

blue- size of your scene’s camera. these are the attributes you change for zoom out/in functions.

purple- the space the camera follows within the camera. you can adjust by clicking the camera icon on the top left of your scene (it’s there on desktop creator) and dragging the horizontal and vertical handles in/out. not sure exactly how it works, but it seems to get the best effect on control camera behaviour if it’s shrunk right down.

• Miss ChuiMiss Chui Member, PRO Posts: 50

Thanks very much. For the blue one, could you please let me know how to change the attributes for performing the zoom in/out function?I am going to establish a story book app with zoom in function. Thanks in advance.

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793

it needs to be in an unlocked actor, not a universal/prefab/prototype

the example in this screen shot below is using the change attribute behaviour (renamed for my project) - using unlock is also the way you access attributes/values of other actors within a scene for others learning while reading this - the downside is that each unlocked actor counts as a whole new actor within your project so if you can find a way to do something using prototypes, or the least amount of logic used in an unlocked actor, you'll save memory and reduce app size.

so to change the values mentioned in my earlier post, current scene > camera > size lets you change the height and width of your scene camera

to add to it, changing origin x and y changes the position of the bottom left corner of your camera.

I've never tinkered with the rotation values but I'm guessing you can use to create some cool effects in-game like a camera shake from an explosion.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,054

Basically the the attributes are the number of points / pixels that are viewed in full screen.

So if your game is 1080p (1920x1080) and you want to zoom in to about 4x, make it 480x270. That will take a 480x270 portion of your scene and make that fill the screen.

Then us Origin to choose WHERE in your scene you want the screen to view.

You can either choose this manually by adjusting the Camera Origin

OR

You can use the Control Camera behavior and the Tracking Area combined. In that case, as the actor moves to the edge of the tracking area, the camera moves with it.

Hope that helps!