Reward Video not showing

FireCrocFireCroc Member, PRO Posts: 60

I recently created and published an app on the Google play store. The app uses Admob to show banners and reward videos. I am able to display banners on my App but the Reward videos are not showing.

Can you please check if there is a problem with the reward videos

Comments

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

We haven't made an updates so it should work fine. My suggestions is to use google's test ad IDs:

https://developers.google.com/admob/android/test-ads

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

Also note that video ads tend to take a bit longer to load and might not load on the first few tries, because Admob wants us to cache the ads locally on device before showing them.

Finally, check your content settings. You may be unnecessarily restricting your ads to rated G ads only (which is the default).

• FireCrocFireCroc Member, PRO Posts: 60

Thanks for the promp reply. I will check it out

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793
    edited April 2021

interesting. I am getting no admob video or interstitial ads showing on iOS for my latest game (still works on the first game though). looking at the stats, I have a 0% show rate in all localities, despite a 100% match rate. I tried tweaking the app privacy settings as per another blog (apparently even if we don't collect data, admob does so we need to fill it out), so will see how it goes when the most recent binary finally gets through - it keeps getting rejected because I can't get the iOS in app purchase right in my binary.

admob ads are showing in google play versions though, as an fyi.

just further to the above - I tried an ad hoc build made with Mac desktop 25.102, with interstitial test ads and nothing is showing - so I'm not sure if it is from the gs side or admob side that for whatever reason ads won't show on iOS.

has anyone else had issues with admob ads showing on iOS?

I generated an iOS Universal App with the RC and Google's test IDs and things seemed to work fine. Will continue to look into it. Are you using iPhone or iPad instead of universal?

interesting. if you got it working then don’t dig too deep. it’s likely something else. months ago the test ads did work, then started showing black screens, and now nothing, so i’m thinking it is more than likely something to do with the app related to apple devices, rather than a gs specific issue.

@adent42

universal. I also published an iOS test project with desktop .102 and .100, using test ads during scene changing and the same nothing happens. I don't know what you did differently in your test, but mine doesn't work.

I made a dummy project that just uses a simple change scene behaviour with test ads and still nothing. the same project works when I do a test build on android.

what I know is that the test ads did work up until a few weeks ago on my recent project in iOS, when they started to appear as a blank screen, and now don't appear at all. so I made that basic project to see if it's a memory thing, but even in a simple set up where you press a button to change a scene it doesn't work. I am going to send you the link to the dummy app. could you please take a look and let me know if i am overlooking something?