AAB Help

I have done everything proper in the terminal to make by .AAB and no errors.

Then Gplay console itself says "You uploaded an App Bundle (AAB) that is signed with a key that is also used to sign APKs that are delivered to users. Because you are enrolled in Play App Signing, you should sign you AAB with a new key before you upload it" Any idea what i need to do. Thank you.

Happy Holidays

Comments

• uptimistikuptimistik Key Master, Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 253

hi there! You need to create a new Keystore, a .jks keystore. I've copied the info from another thread, thanks to @Armelline for this:

Okay, I have a build uploaded to Google that they're happy with. I had to stray from the instructions at the top a bit. Here's what I did. Note that this is a NEW upload to Google, so I was starting from scratch with no existing keystore to deal with.

My game is called "Sand" so that's the name I used in these examples.

Generated a jks keystore:

keytool -genkey -alias sand -keyalg RSA -keystore ~/sand.jks -validity 100000

Not including the -validity 100000 resulted in an error when uploaded to Google. They complained that my certificate expired too soon.

This then recommended I update the keystore using a command it provided, which I did. At some point I'll check how to skip that step.

Then I signed it using the command from above, adapted to my keystore.

jarsigner -verbose -sigalg SHA1withRSA -digestalg SHA1 -keystore /Path/To/Keystore/sand.jks /Path/To/downloadedAAB/Sand.aab Sand

Note that this signs over the existing aab, it doesn't create a new "signed" aab. So backup your aab file first in case, like me, you make a mistake first time. I had to download the aab file again from GameSalad.

I was then able to upload the signed aab file to the play console with no problems.

GameSalad Templates and Custom Development at the Official Marketplace: http://gshelper.com

• rico240rico240 Member, PRO Posts: 32

Perfect @uptimistik thanks so much! :) i should have noticed that in the cookbook ! Thanks again friend. Happy Holidays!