App crash on Android with RC

AHBGamesAHBGames Member, PRO Posts: 115

hi @adent42 , I did an internal test of one of my applications with RC on android and when trying to open it a black screen appears and it closes immediately. Any solution? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• AHBGamesAHBGames Member, PRO Posts: 115

I'm testing gameanalytics, is it only available on the RC? @adent42

• adriangomezadriangomez Member, PRO Posts: 436

Can you attach it to the console and report what the error is?

• adriangomezadriangomez Member, PRO Posts: 436

Ok. I can replicate it. And here is the error:

2022-07-26 20:21:00.126 25964-25987/? E/AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: GA Thread
        Process: com.cabagomez.xxx, PID: 25964
        java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
            at com.gameanalytics.sdk.state.GAState.setBuild(GAState.java:390)
            at com.gameanalytics.sdk.GameAnalytics$6.execute(GameAnalytics.java:205)
            at com.gameanalytics.sdk.threading.GAThreading$1.run(GAThreading.java:32)
            at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:562)
            at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:512)
         Caused by: android.util.AndroidRuntimeException: Animators may only be run on Looper threads
            at android.animation.ValueAnimator.start(ValueAnimator.java:1052)
            at android.animation.ValueAnimator.start(ValueAnimator.java:1106)
            at com.gameanalytics.sdk.state.GAState.logFPS(GAState.java:174)
            at com.gameanalytics.sdk.state.GAState.<init>(GAState.java:132)
            at com.gameanalytics.sdk.state.GAState.<clinit>(GAState.java:50)
            at com.gameanalytics.sdk.state.GAState.setBuild(GAState.java:390) 
            at com.gameanalytics.sdk.GameAnalytics$6.execute(GameAnalytics.java:205) 
            at com.gameanalytics.sdk.threading.GAThreading$1.run(GAThreading.java:32) 
            at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:562) 
            at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:512) 

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

Thanks, I'll take a look!

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

I'm about to take a deeper look, but I suspect it's because one of your version numbers isn't a regular "number" Could you PM me your publishing link so I know what to adjust. Thanks!

Okay, finally figured it out. The fix is out there, give it a shot..

@adriangomez / @AHBGames just checking in to make sure this issue has been resolved?

Hi @adent42 , I haven't done the test yet, as soon as I do it I'll let you know

I tested it and it keeps crashing as soon as I open the app :/

@adent42

I realized that when I build in RC and check the gameanalytics box, the app crashes when I test it, and if I don't check it, the app works fine...

Yah, that's the issue I thought we fixed (or rather, GameAnalytics was the source of the issue). Let me look into it more. We did a server move recently so we may just have lost some manually patched code as part of the move.

ok thanks, let me know if there are any news :)