Auto-renewable subscriptions on android

AHBGamesAHBGames Member, PRO Posts: 115

Hi @adent42 and everyone , I have one of my apps on iOS with a subscription and it works fine in the app store, now I am trying to upload it to google play and when I try it when I subscribe nothing is unlocked. Should I change something? because as I mentioned in apple it works fine. I attach screenshots of my configuration. Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

Can you PM me the publishing page for the game? Did you check the "Subscriptions Present" checkbox?

• AHBGamesAHBGames Member, PRO Posts: 115
    edited July 2022

@adent42 I'm not on the computer right now, but I sent you the link yesterday at pm... I did check the subscription box. The problem is when I buy the subscription, nothing is unlocked, then if I press the button again to buy it, the google play payment system tells me that I have already paid. But within the game nothing has been unlocked. That is why I doubt that if something is changed with respect to ios because there the subscription works well.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

Okay... I'll take a look. The only other thing I can think to try (mostly in helping me track down the issue) is to do a purchase restore and see if the purchase comes through then.

Nothing happens when restoring the purchase, on iOS however it works fine :/

Any news about it? I need to put the subscriptions in android :( :s @adent42

edited August 2022

Looking into it @AHBGames, check your PMs.

It's a bit of a pain to re-setup IAP on test apps (you kind of have to renew them once in a while if you haven't done the work in a while).

So if anyone else has a subscription based app, could you please PM me a link to the app in-store? (Or share it here for a bit of free advertising).

@adent42 Any news about it? I need to be able to upload my apps with subscriptions to android :(

sorry, no luck yet, still trying to figure it out.

Something new? I need to put subscriptions in android :S

Help please.

Sorry, I thought I had directly messaged you the solution.

In your game's code, it's looking for everything to be "not" any of the normal statuses:

"unpurchased", "purchased", "pending".

That's because on iOS, we put the expiration or renewal date in that field.

On Android, the dates aren't available to us via the API they give us, so we added a new status: "expiring"

In your case you just need to remove the rule condition that checks for "not equal to purchased" in all of your subscription purchase checks.

That should work for both iOS and Android.

@AHBGames check your DMs, I did send you a message with instructions more specific to your game.

Hi @adent42 , Yes, I just tried it and it worked, thanks a lot, now I can update :)