Unpause/Pause and Touch Inside/Released bug?

adam36021adam36021 Member, PRO Posts: 45
edited February 2023 in Tech Support

I created a demo to demonstrate. If you touch the left square, it will register the hold and release and display text.

if you pause and unpause, it will not register the release of that actor anymore.

The logic for the actor is this:

There's probably a way I could structure the logic to work around the bug, but.. seems strange that the pause / unpause would cause this.

on web creator 2

Comments

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,052

Good catch. Will look into it!

• adam36021adam36021 Member, PRO Posts: 45

To follow up -- it seems like this has been fixed in the latest Creator 2.0 update. Nicely done.

This bug has returned. I've reuploaded a demo.

Click on the right actor -- notice it triggers a "touch released" response.

Click on pause, then unpause.

Notice there is no longer a "touch released" response.

http://arcade.gamesalad.com/games/171292

This was fixed a few weeks ago but cropped up again, maybe the change was overwritten.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,052

Not exactly, The bug should still be fixed on Creator and the HTML5 export, but we never updated arcade to fix the bug there. We'll do that shortly (though you might not see it for a bit while our CDN caches clear).

Here's an HTML5 export from Creator 2.0 today on a netlfiy server.

Issue is there.

K, will look into it, we may have reverted the fix when we fixed something else.

Can you DM me your project. I just ran a test of what I think is the same logic on arcade and it works, so I'm not sure what's up. Wanna see if there are any differences in our projects.

Okay, got it (the bug, not the solution). It's based on the touch inside and then released. If you just put the release, it works fine. Now to dig in.

Thanks - yeah, it's only when the touch release is nested inside a touch pressed.

This bug is seeming difficult to track down and I need to move on to a few other issues for a bit. There is a work-a-round though:

• Create actor attribute pressed
    • Rule - On touch set pressed to true / Otherwise set pressed to false
    • Rule - On touch released and self.pressed is true, do the release action.

Basically the bug is with the rules being nested, so the solution is to de-nest them (at least for now).

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,331

I've seen this issue over the years but always presumed it was just how things were supposed to be. A touch can't be pressed and released at the same time, so nesting a release inside a pressed seemed an incorrect way to do things. I've always just done what @adent42 suggests.

That is fine and all, except that the logic works completely fine.... UNTIL a pause/unpause -- which is just weird.

And yeah, no problem -- can work around it easily enough.