Waypoint example I made for you

ORBZORBZ Member Posts: 1,304
edited November -1 in Introductions
Hey everyone, I made this as an example for how to do waypoints. I got a little carried away and instead of spending one 15 mins on it I spent an hour and a half. Enjoy :)

Hope you find it useful. Please put my name in the credits of your awesome game if you use it :)

http://gamesalad.com/game/play/77465

Comments

• chosenonestudioschosenonestudios Member Posts: 1,714
    Sounds cool. Can't wait to check it out!

"Sent from my iPhone"
  • Rob2Rob2 Member Posts: 2,402
    Brilliant ...:)
  • hrsmediahrsmedia Member Posts: 522
    Great demo orbz!
    Very Cool!
  • DevilsDevils Member Posts: 561
    It's weird but I have the plug-in installed for Safari and I still can't view peoples demos I'm not sure why its been happening since day one.
  • AbrigaitoAbrigaito Member Posts: 44
    I can't view it either, Orbz would you be so kind to make a video and upload it to youtube? Can somebody else do this?
    Devils said:
    It's weird but I have the plug-in installed for Safari and I still can't view peoples demos I'm not sure why its been happening since day one.

abrigaito said:
    I can't view it either, Orbz would you be so kind to make a video and upload it to youtube? Can somebody else do this?

Make sure you guys are on Macs.
    Yes tried it already on mac I also read a dev telling somebody that when you installed the plugin certain files should appear on the safari plugins folder but the folder is always empty. So if somebody could make a video about this I would really appreciate it.
  • firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Member Posts: 3,211
    Awesome!
  • ORBZORBZ Member Posts: 1,304
    Glad you guys liked it. Here's the video that was requested.

• cptongsgcptongsg Member Posts: 70
    Great stuff! just what I need. Thks for sharing ORBZ :)
    @ ORBZ thank you for making the video it looks nice.
  • CapCap Member Posts: 225
    Absolutely brilliant. Thanks for sharing!
    It's really important that pros like you or firemaple share some stuff, because it's really a big help for most of us.
  • SparkyidrSparkyidr Member Posts: 2,033
    really good stuff.
    I found a "bug" tho.....well, not really a bug I guess.
    If you drag them in almost a line, 0-1-2-3 and let it run, when it gets to 3, it turns around, but if it hits "2" it obviously registers a "2" hit, and then moves back on to 3, and back to 2, and back to 3, and so on.

Seems like once it hit's 3, you need to make sure it forces itself back to 0 maybe.

Great demo tho.
    @spark

That's not a bug, it's a feature. I left it like that on purpose. To force it to go to the next sequential node you would add a condition to the rule where it checks for collision in the waypoint.

The added condition would look like...

When overlaps w/ bot AND self.ID == game.targetID

I left it off because I found it to be more interesting when one could "short circuit" the path. It makes prettier sounds. :)
    Updated to work as spark requested. :)