GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can the app description be changed

tenrdrmertenrdrmer Posts: 9,934Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef
Hello. Quick question. Can the app description on the app store be updated to inform people of a very minor bug and how to very easily get around it. with needing to have apple re-review and probably boot the app? Is this a bad idea to inform people of the bug and let them know an update is being submitted to fix the problem?

It's not my fault I never learned to take responsibility for anything. ;)

Comments

• peachpellenpeachpellen Posts: 977Member
    Yes, just go into iTunes connect, select the app, then edit it - it's instant.

I can't comment on if it's a good idea or not, but yes, it I can be done.
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Posts: 9,934Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef
    Part of the reason I want to comment is some wrote about this bug in a review. However it just says theres a problem. Not that its a minor issue and can easily be worked around until the update fixes it.

• xyloFUNxyloFUN Posts: 1,593Member
    thanks tenrdrmer for asking this and thanks peachpellen for answering!
    I was just about to ask the same! Compared to how other companies/devs describe their apps ... i have to do better!
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Posts: 9,934Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef
    bump. Any thoughts on putting a known bug that is being fixed in the App Description since there is no chance of the update being approved before the store closes?

• quantumsheepquantumsheep Posts: 8,188Member
    tenrdrmer said:
    bump. Any thoughts on putting a known bug that is being fixed in the App Description since there is no chance of the update being approved before the store closes?

I've seen others state in their description things like "We know about bug x and have submitted a fix to Apple" etc

Honesty is the best policy I reckon!

QS :D

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: http://www.quantum-sheep.com

This discussion has been closed.