GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to transfer or sync my iPhone to computer on PC?

inman2787inman2787 Posts: 6Member
My desktop computer that I normally use to sync my iPhone seems to have a virus or something, because it turns off by itself after a while. It does not give me enough time in between it being on and turned off by itself, to complete syncing, backing up or updating. I want to recover my computer therefore losing everything.

What can I do to start hooking up my iphone without losing my apps and settings? Can I move an itunes folder from my desktop to an external hard drive? I don't know what to do, thank you for any help!!!

PS: I have a laptop and an external hard drive (my music and photos are on the external hard drive)

Comments

• tenrdrmertenrdrmer Posts: 9,934Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef
    There is a way to modify the iTunes library ID so your phone thinks it's on the same computer. Google syncing iPhone to multiple computers.

It's not my fault I never learned to take responsibility for anything. ;)

• yiyi001yiyi001 Posts: 3Member
    1) Copy music to new pc
    2) Plug phone into new pc. Choose erase option. Phone will then make a backup on the new pc (which will take some time as it's a full backup and not incremental).
    3) Do a sync on the new pc, it will copy all the music back over, and nothing else will be lost.
    Know more about How to transfer music/songs from iPhone to PC
This discussion has been closed.