GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

target platform?

idoistuffidoistuff Posts: 197Member
okay so I would like to make a game for the macs, (iMac, macbook, pros, minis, etc) so should I choose 720P HD or MACBOOK in my target platform?

thanks.

Comments

• SlickZeroSlickZero Houston, TexasPosts: 2,870Member, Sous Chef
    Macbook.

I have no friends. I'm a loser that makes video games all day. Will you be my friend?

• StusAppsStusApps Posts: 1,352Member, PRO
    entirely up to you. You could even choose ipad if you like. You can publish to Mac at any of the resolutions. If you want to go big then 1280x800 (macbook) would make sense as it's the full screen size of lots of people's computers.
  • idoistuffidoistuff Posts: 197Member
    okay, thats what I figured, thank you everyone :)
  • MotherHooseMotherHoose Posts: 2,456Member
    but, then some people do not want to play full screen on their desktops... (me for 1)
    also though my monitor is 18.5" ... its resolution is 1366 x 768 ...
    so the 800 in the macbook target would not show all (especially allowing screen area for the Title/Bottom bars)

I noted that when I made my iPad Portrait game for desktop so family members without the device could play... the bottom of the interface was offscreen about 50 pixels...

I love my monitor... I am just saying that monitors are not the same size... the 720 or the iPad landscape might be more appropriate...

and, bear in mind that the application window is probably not going to be resizable... and some people never hide their dock...

If I bought a game that did not show entirely on my system... I would complain to Apple...

MH
  • idoistuffidoistuff Posts: 197Member
    is it possible to make my game run in fullscreen? like forcefully. so it will have no issues.
This discussion has been closed.