air penguin beats angry birds rio!

DreamLabDreamLab Member Posts: 2,127
edited November -1 in Miscellaneous
Title says it all. what do you guys think about it? has anyone played it?

EDIT: Just downloaded the game and played it. Its definitely a good game and pretty addicting.

Comments

  • GamersRejoiceGamersRejoice Member Posts: 817
    I haven't played it yet, but I am genuinely confused by everyone's obsession with birds. How many top games are about birds? It's crazy! :)
  • osucowboy18osucowboy18 Member Posts: 1,307
    Its not just games, for some reason people have a weird obsession with birds. Twitter, for example :)

    - Alex
  • SingleSparqSingleSparq Member Posts: 1,339
    Well.. The bird is the word.

    Bababa bird is the word....bububa bird!
  • DreamLabDreamLab Member Posts: 2,127
    SingleSparq said:
    Well.. The bird is the word.

    Bababa bird is the word....bububa bird!

    OMG!!! that was perfect timing!
  • calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
    Here are some top paid games in US
    1. Air penguin by gamevil (birds)
    2.angry birds rio by rovio (birds)
    3. Angry birds by clickgamer (birds)
    4. Tiny wings by Andreas Illiger (birds)
  • touchtentouchten Member Posts: 96
    soon... we will take over from humanity

    wahahahahahahhahahhaha
  • calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
    touchten said:
    soon... we will take over from humanity

    wahahahahahahhahahhaha

    are you a bird? lol
  • ozboybrianozboybrian PRO Posts: 2,102
    SQUAK!
  • ozboybrianozboybrian PRO Posts: 2,102
    Just tried it. Not bad!
    They should of entered to ToTB2 comp :P
  • calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
    ozboybrian said:
    Just tried it. Not bad!
    They should of entered to ToTB2 comp :P

    they will be No1 for sure
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,987
    ozboybrian said:
    Just tried it. Not bad!
    They should of entered to ToTB2 comp :P

    Yeah, now where were they when the competition was running... :-)

    ( The game looks pretty good, may be worth a download to see what its all about)...
  • TouchTiltGamesTouchTiltGames Member Posts: 1,162
    Gonna need to start a 'Bird Games' folder on my iPhone
  • DreamLabDreamLab Member Posts: 2,127
    TouchTiltGames said:
    Gonna need to start a 'Bird Games' folder on my iPhone

    Birds are the new zombies. Remember when they were popular?

    Birds will soon get old. Its just a matter of picking the next theme.
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    calvin9403 said:
    Here are some top paid games in US
    1. Air penguin by gamevil (birds)
    2.angry birds rio by rovio (birds)
    3. Angry birds by clickgamer (birds)
    4. Tiny wings by Andreas Illiger (birds)

    What I find interesting is that all of those feature birds that can't or don't fly. Tiny Wings obviously has tiny wings, penguins can't fly, and the angry birds seem to have the ability to fly but for some reason depend on a giant slingshot. I'm not sure what this says about us...
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,987
    scitunes said:
    What I find interesting is that all of those feature birds that can't or don't fly. Tiny Wings obviously has tiny wings, penguins can't fly, and the angry birds seem to have the ability to fly but for some reason depend on a giant slingshot. I'm not sure what this says about us...

    I guess we like to see things failing at their natural ability.

    Perhaps I'll make a racing game with cars that can't move... :-)
  • creativeappscreativeapps Member Posts: 1,770
    it similar to doodle jump with tilt control from top view. I played it. Its ok
  • PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    I'm in the mood for bird hunting. Perhaps BOT will be population control for the iTunes App Store. These birds are over breeding.
  • hdeandahdeanda Member, PRO Posts: 55
    I think most here a more considerate of game play logic that no one would have created a game where the poor bird hero crashes to the ground and slides on a hill with your single touch on the screen. Super simple game play with a gimmick, and not making sense seems to be the key to success.
  • bluebyu25bluebyu25 Member Posts: 500
    In the real world: sex sells.

    On the app store: birds sell.
  • PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    I must work faster on BOT. The bird problem is getting worse...

    1 - Air Penguin
    2 - Angry Birds Rio
    3 - Angry Birds
    4 - Tiny Wings
    5 - Angry Birds Seasons
  • DreamLabDreamLab Member Posts: 2,127
    Photics said:
    I must work faster on BOT. The bird problem is getting worse...

    1 - Air Penguin
    2 - Angry Birds Rio
    3 - Angry Birds
    4 - Tiny Wings
    5 - Angry Birds Seasons

    So you are believing that bot is going to be a winner?
  • AsymptoteellAsymptoteell Member Posts: 1,362
    This is birdemic shock and terror!
  • PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    DreamLab said:
    So you are believing that bot is going to be a winner?

    That's one of the aims of the project, bird hunting! Someone's gotta knock these birds off their perch. While I think Angry Birds and Tiny Wings are good games, are they really great games? I don't know if BOT is going to be a really great game, but I'm bringing something different to the iTunes App Store. That's the biggest risk of my project... do people actually want something different? Do they actually want a game with more depth? With 187 million iOS devices out there, I'm thinking at least 1% of them have little interest in a simplistic flightless bird game.
  • old_kipperold_kipper Member Posts: 1,420


    but i aways believed they could...
  • SkyMapleSkyMaple Member Posts: 817
    Hmmm.......Seams like lots of people like birds
  • AquariusAquarius Member Posts: 282
    nah its just that angry BIRDS is so popular that some ppl are joining the fad :(
Sign In or Register to comment.