GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Upload revised binary while app status is "Upload Received"?

JeffreyShimaneJeffreyShimane Posts: 372Member
Hi all!

Submitted my first GS app to the App Store last night! It feels good to finally submit something. That is, until I found a minor bug with the score multiplier this morning! D'OH! In iTunes Connect, my app status is currently "Upload Received" (I submitted it late last night). I have read that I can reject the app when it enters the "Waiting For Review" or "In Review" states. Can I upload a revised binary right now while in the "Upload Received" state? Should I just wait for it to go through the entire review process to see if there's anything else I need to fix (like the app gets rejected because of the title of the game)? Any advice you have would be greatly appreciated!

- Jeff (aka MastaRedSnappa)

Comments

• tenrdrmertenrdrmer Posts: 9,934Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef
    You can reject it now also. Go ahead and do so. You don't want to get a bad name with apple as a dev that uses the review process to check for issues.

It's not my fault I never learned to take responsibility for anything. ;)

• JeffreyShimaneJeffreyShimane Posts: 372Member
    Thanks, tenrdrmer. There doesn't seem to be a way to reject the binary while it's in the "Upload Received" state. I'll wait until it changes to "Waiting For Review" and then reject it and upload the revised binary.

- Jeff
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Posts: 9,934Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef
    Well I guess your right. I sure thought I saw it there before but just tried an upload and no luck too. it normally doesn't take long to get to waiting for review. Now I have a binary to reject. :)

It's not my fault I never learned to take responsibility for anything. ;)

• JeffreyShimaneJeffreyShimane Posts: 372Member
    No worries. I got the email from Apple saying my app has now entered the Waiting For Review stage. I rejected it and now I just need to revise the App Store binary and upload it again.
This discussion has been closed.