GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

King of Casual contest - 100K Prize

bcondranbcondran Posts: 4Member
edited 1:01AM in Non-GS Game News
Hey

The company I work for (Gogii Games) just launched a new contest. We are looking for casual games and are especially interested in those targeted towards iOS.

The prize is a 100K publishing contract. You can view full details here http://contest.gogiigames.com

Comments

  • GamersRejoiceGamersRejoice Posts: 817Member
    I'm guessing that it must be an unpublished game? Hmmm, that would mean I would have to delay the release of my upcoming game... Hmmmmm

    I haven't heard much about Gogii Games. Does anyone know anything about them?
  • SkyMapleSkyMaple Posts: 817Member
    bcondran said:

    The prize is a 100K publishing contract.

    yes please, lol!

    After looking into this a bit more they say that you could send them the ipa file of your game. If you do that than all they have to do is to upload it to apple to start making money!

    ___________________________________________________

    Game Making Service
    Sketch to Vector Service
    "Power Orb" Style Template
    Targeting System Template
    Code for Art- Trading
  • GamersRejoiceGamersRejoice Posts: 817Member
    You can also email them and get UDID's from them to send them an Ad-Hoc version
  • bcondranbcondran Posts: 4Member
    It would be best to submit an unreleased game.

    Gogii Games is a fairly established company in the Downloadable Casual market on PC/Mac (Big Fish Games is one site were many of our games are sold). One of our most notable titles would be Princess Isabella (you may of saw it in Top 10 paid iPad apps over Mother's Day weekend).

    We are moving into iOS and that's one of the reasons behind this contest. We are looking to build business relationships with talented iOS developers.

    Email us for a UDID and we will gladly send one.
  • DrGlickertDrGlickert Posts: 1,135Member
    What is the best way to send over games made with GS? Does Gogii Games have GS? Should I send a video of game play? I have a game that probably won't be done by July 15th, so I might as well send over what I have to this point. It's fairly original (you can consider it inspired by other games).

    Should I make a playable demo and put it up on the App store so you can check it out?

    Thanks!
  • bcondranbcondran Posts: 4Member
    @DrGlickert

    Would you be able to create an adhoc build? Contact us for a UDID.

    As per rules the game doesn't need to be finished, but it should be playable (prototype stage at least) and give a good idea of what the finished product would be like.
  • MarkOnTheIronMarkOnTheIron Posts: 1,447Member
    It seems interesting. Can you clarify a couple of points in the terms and conditions?

    `The Prize may take the form of a cash payment or a publishing contract with Gogii.`

    and

    `ADDITIONALLY, ENTRANTS UNDERSTAND THAT AS A CASUAL GAMES PUBLISHER GOGII IS ALWAYS DEVELOPING NEW AND EXCITING GAMES. ENTRANTS UNDERSTAND AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT GOGII MAY BE IN THE PROCESS OF DEVELOPING, OR MAY HAVE PREVIOUSLY DEVELOPED, A GAME THAT IS SIMILAR IN STYLE OR BUILD TO AN ENTERED GAME. BY ENTERING THIS CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT FURTHER RELEASES AND WAIVES ALL OF ITS RIGHT TO CLAIM FROM GOGII FOR A POTENTIAL OR PERCEIVED BREACH OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, OF ANY NATURE OR KIND, IN RELATION TO AN ENTERED GAME AND ADDITIONAL MATERIALS, IF ANY.`

    ________________________________
    【ツ】iPhone Icon Pack 【ツ】 - 【ツ】Graphic Pack【ツ】
    Free GS demo: High score simple and advanced; Game Center; App Rating System
  • bcondranbcondran Posts: 4Member
    please send all questions to [email protected]
  • old_kipperold_kipper Posts: 1,420Member
    If you are worried about terms and conditions- get things checked.
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomPosts: 3,987Member
    Hmmm... on one hand sounds very promising...and tempting

    The Mulder and Scully in me on the other hand is a little bit skeptic.
  • scitunesscitunes Posts: 4,047Member, Sous Chef
    MarkOnTheIron said:
    It seems interesting. Can you clarify a couple of points in the terms and conditions?

    `The Prize may take the form of a cash payment or a publishing contract with Gogii.`

    and

    `ADDITIONALLY, ENTRANTS UNDERSTAND THAT AS A CASUAL GAMES PUBLISHER GOGII IS ALWAYS DEVELOPING NEW AND EXCITING GAMES. ENTRANTS UNDERSTAND AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT GOGII MAY BE IN THE PROCESS OF DEVELOPING, OR MAY HAVE PREVIOUSLY DEVELOPED, A GAME THAT IS SIMILAR IN STYLE OR BUILD TO AN ENTERED GAME. BY ENTERING THIS CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT FURTHER RELEASES AND WAIVES ALL OF ITS RIGHT TO CLAIM FROM GOGII FOR A POTENTIAL OR PERCEIVED BREACH OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, OF ANY NATURE OR KIND, IN RELATION TO AN ENTERED GAME AND ADDITIONAL MATERIALS, IF ANY.`

    This is actually standard legalese for a contest like this. The same wording was in the STEM competition that I entered. It made me nervous then too, but I think you will find that it will be in any legal contract for a game competition. Just my two cents...
  • GamersRejoiceGamersRejoice Posts: 817Member
    scitunes said:
    This is actually standard legalese for a contest like this. The same wording was in the STEM competition that I entered. It made me nervous then too, but I think you will find that it will be in any legal contract for a game competition. Just my two cents...

    Whatever happened with that anyway? Did you win? Is it over?
  • scitunesscitunes Posts: 4,047Member, Sous Chef
    GamersRejoice said:
    Whatever happened with that anyway? Did you win? Is it over?

    I'll make an official announcement later.

    :)
  • AsymptoteellAsymptoteell Posts: 1,362Member
    I've got an idea for this. The only clue I can give is cowboys. I'm thinking cowboys.
This discussion has been closed.