Has anyone ever had a "negative" sale?

xyloFUNxyloFUN Member Posts: 1,593
edited November -1 in Miscellaneous
Hey,
the other day, I got an email in chinese and with the help of google translator, I got the sense that someone downloaded an app of mine which was seen as free but during the download process, the price reverted to 99 cents and so he got charged for it!
While I don't understand why a person that owns an iPad would waste an hour to hunt down 99 cents is beyond me but, my tracking program shows indeed a negative sale.

Please don't get me wrong. I couldn't care less about 99 cents.
What I didn't know is that a sale can be reversed with mighty Apple?

Who knew :)

Comments

  • GamersRejoiceGamersRejoice Member Posts: 817
    I have heard of such a myth. It amazes me how stingy people can be with 1 dollar. I'm not going to waste any time trying to understand it, that's just the way it is. :( Mind blowing
  • MarkOnTheIronMarkOnTheIron Member Posts: 1,447
    It's not a myth. Unfortunately it's true.

    Somewhere on iTunes guidelines it says that the user has 5(?) days after he buy an app to ask for a refund. Usually it has some limitation, I think you can be refunded if the app is significantly different from the description or if there was some serious bug or other motives.

    It happened to me once, but it seems that Apple don't send any notice to explain why.

    ________________________________
    【ツ】iPhone Icon Pack 【ツ】 - 【ツ】Graphic Pack【ツ】
    Free GS demo: High score simple and advanced; Game Center; App Rating System
  • calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
    xyloFUN said:
    Hey,
    the other day, I got an email in chinese and with the help of google translator, I got the sense that someone downloaded an app of mine which was seen as free but during the download process, the price reverted to 99 cents and so he got charged for it!
    While I don't understand why a person that owns an iPad would waste an hour to hunt down 99 cents is beyond me but, my tracking program shows indeed a negative sale.

    Please don't get me wrong. I couldn't care less about 99 cents.
    What I didn't know is that a sale can be reversed with mighty Apple?

    Who knew :)

    send it to me and I will translate that for you
  • MammothMammoth Member Posts: 640
    If a person can afford an iPad they can afford dollar apps.
  • calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
    Mammoth said:
    If a person can afford an iPad they can afford dollar apps.

    hard to say
    how about if someone give the ipad, how about if it's a student ?

    ___________________________________________________________________________________
    http://www.gamesaladforum.com/
  • ozboybrianozboybrian PRO Posts: 2,102
    But does apple take 70% off you or 100%?

    And yeah if they can afford an iPad wtf O.o
  • calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
    70%
  • gazjmgazjm Member Posts: 578
    i had someone claim a refund once for my first app, how dare they not like it!haha.
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Apple does give refunds if you take the time to email them and tell why you are unhappy. I got one once on my first attempt to use a promo code and I clicked the buy button thinking it would give a place to enter the code. Apple gave me a refund for that but I don't know if they will refund anyone who asks or if they have specifics they go off of.
  • xyloFUNxyloFUN Member Posts: 1,593
    LOL, I am jinxed!
    Now there are two .... gulp!

    I should have not posted anything ... the monster awakened ;)
  • xyloFUNxyloFUN Member Posts: 1,593
    @ tenrdrmer - I wish I had known about that!

    A few weeks ago, I bought "MeshWeaver" because I wanted an app that is a step up from iWeb. To make a long story short, I've uninstalled it and bought TacoHTML Edit instead which also gets little use because I just discovered that bluefish got ported to OS X!

    Live and learn!
  • calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
    @xylo
    can you please copy the review here?
    I really want to see what he/she says
  • POLYGAMePOLYGAMe Member Posts: 3,470
    I have to pay people to play my games... does that count? :P
  • calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
    POLYGAMe said:
    I have to pay people to play my games... does that count? :P

    hah
  • LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,873
    Hi,
    Funny you mentioned it now... I just found a negative on my april sales.
    Stupid!
  • xyloFUNxyloFUN Member Posts: 1,593
    calvin9403 said:
    @xylo
    can you please copy the review here?
    I really want to see what he/she says

    I just looked but it happened a few weeks ago and i get 100's of emails/day ... can't search for it ether plus, i delete my trash bin now on a daily basis. Sorry (but google was pretty clear with the translation. I have no doubt that is was a change from free to Tier 1 while downloading scenario).
    LudwigHeijden said:
    Hi,
    Funny you mentioned it now... I just found a negative on my april sales.
    Stupid!

    At least yours was in "April" LOL People act weird in April ... and during full moons ... and when the gs build server is down and ...
  • calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
    xyloFUN said:
    I just looked but it happened a few weeks ago and i get 100's of emails/day ... can't search for it ether plus, i delete my trash bin now on a daily basis. Sorry (but google was pretty clear with the translation. I have no doubt that is was a change from free to Tier 1 while downloading scenario).

    At least yours was in "April" LOL People act weird in April ... and during full moons ... and when the gs build server is down and ...

    no problem
    I don't really like google translate though, it is weird all the time

    this might be what he/she writes

    你的程式是免費的,但是當我下載時,就變成一塊錢了
Sign In or Register to comment.