GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RI position question

8bitnorth8bitnorth Posts: 11Member
Hey Guys! im new to GS. I read the forums a lot for technical issues and you guys are great. Now i have a problem I cant see the answer too.

I understand that when i set resolution independence to on. it scales down the image by 2 in GS creater and will upscale when the game is played on and iphone 4. But does it automatically scale the attributes that are associated with position?

For example. (landscape) If i have an actor that is locked in the centre of the screen game.self.position = 240... on an older device it will be in the centre. But if its played on an iphone 4, will it change the value to 480 automatically?

Another example would be if i have an actor spawn just off the screen at x = 500, if the game is on an iphone 4, will it spawn at 1000 or will it spawn at 500 and be shown?

thanks guys!

Comments

• tenrdrmertenrdrmer Posts: 9,934Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef
    There is no change in the position and no scaling. The only thing that happens is it is using high resolution images on iphone 4 and low res images on other iphones. the screen positions are the same for both devices.

It's not my fault I never learned to take responsibility for anything. ;)

• 8bitnorth8bitnorth Posts: 11Member
    Are there any creative ways around this?? because if this is the case, then my game will not run correctly on the iphone 4.... any help would be appreciated

thanks
  • 8bitnorth8bitnorth Posts: 11Member
    i have an actor locked at self.position.x = 75 on the iphone 3g... but i want it on the iphone 4 or be locked at 150....
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Posts: 9,934Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef
    Why on earth would you want that. x=75 is at the same exact point on both devices. That doesn't even make sense.

It's not my fault I never learned to take responsibility for anything. ;)

This discussion has been closed.