GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Big problem(for me)with multiple actors colliding NOT changing attributes!

pjnolenpjnolen Posts: 152Member
edited November -1 in Tech Support
For example,

If 2 or more actors shoot a bullet(same or multiple bullet actors) and they all hit the player(any actor really) at the same time, only 1 of them registers. Which makes making a shooter game almost impossible. Even if I use multiple bullets(actors) and change the timing of the damage they do it sometimes works(if I put a timer delay on the damage by .1 for EACH bullet) but that means I need to make a new bullet for every gun on the screen, and if I have 4 actors, with 2 guns each(i can't have a delay of collision vs damage taken by 2 seconds).... the GS engine cannot make multiple changes to an attribute at the same time.

Which means any game made where the player, or npc takes more than 2 or more forms of damage, only 1 is ever registered.

This means when the player is looking at a wall of bullets coming at him, and he's supposed to be hit by 10, he doesn't worry because the engine will only allow 1 to damage him and the rest do nothing.

PLEASE PLEASE take a look at this. I'm trying all kinds of tricks to get around it, but this issue shouldn't exist for us to have to work around it. I've got a ton of stuff in the game i need to get done and i'm stuck in one spot trying to get just the bullets to do damage.

If there's a way around it I haven't tried, that will work, i'm all ears.

thanks!

PJ
This discussion has been closed.