GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

'Sounds That Drive You Crazy' update in App store now!

gregr209gregr209 Posts: 441Member
edited November -1 in Announce Your Game!
My silly and goofy 'Sounds That Drive You Crazy' app has been updated to include 2 more sound driving effects. The slurping of soup and the clicking of a pen. It must be one of the silliest apps around but yet so far it has been a pretty good seller for me. Trust me I have been surprised :-)

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pick-a-party/id348872806?mt=8

Comments

• StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomPosts: 3,987Member
    nice idea for an app... irritating but I see the appeal...
  • stanimationstanimation Posts: 406Member
    You forgot the Dumb and Dumber annoying noise :P Funny idea.
  • gregr209gregr209 Posts: 441Member
    Thanks for the kind words. I swear I made this little crazy app just to force a few friends to purchase it and get me started in the app creating world. I had NO idea it would sell they way it has. I guess you just never know :-)
  • butterbeanbutterbean Posts: 4,315Member, PRO
    lol great idea for an app greg!

It's amazing, you really never know which app you come out with will sell well until you try! :)
  • design219design219 Posts: 2,273Member
    That is quite cool.
    Greg how many of these have you sold a day on average? :) People love stuff like this!
  • gregr209gregr209 Posts: 441Member
    Well when it was first released at the beginning of Dec 09 I begged most of my friends to buy it and then after about a week and a half of some good activity it just died. I had very little, if any sales for about 2 weeks. Then the day of Xmas and ever since I have been averaging about 2-4 units a day! Not great numbers but still it has been pretty darn steady for a silly little app that makes noise :-) Oh and all of that has been with almost zero marketing! Now with my 'Pick A Party' app which is a real game and educational as well I am lucky if i sell 1 unit a day and that is with lots of marketing! Go figure!
    Yea no kidding! Not bad for a sounds app though, 2-4 is good!
This discussion has been closed.