GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Portrait mode.. Mac and web publishing if anyone knows

JamesZeppelinJamesZeppelin Posts: 1,927Member
edited 1:13PM in Tech Support
I did notice after building a game in portrait mode if you try to play it on the web it just warps it.
(sort of a bummer because you cant just build it for web at the same time landscape but still a nice feature)

Is mac publishing the same or will it support the various sizes without warping or stretching?

thanks in advance if anyone has tried yet.

Comments

• JamesZeppelinJamesZeppelin Posts: 1,927Member
    Edit and add:

I think it would be great for mac games to say also available on iphone etc and vice versa
  • gregr209gregr209 Posts: 441Member
    I was also wondering how the Mac games worked as well. Is there any documentation on this yet?
  • harrioharrio Posts: 234Member
    what's cookin,

i have not done any 'extensive' testing but i did just make an app just to see the process.

it basically asks you for an ID (sorta like a bundle name) and an app name. it asks for an icon (512x512) and then you upload it. immediately following a successful upload it asks where you want to place the completed app. i threw mine on the desktop. double-click like any app and it opens. you have a choice of full-screen or quitting the app in the menu bar up top. no menus on the app window itself. pressing 'esc' gets you out of full-screen mode. that's all i can remember. i didn't play too much with it. just wanted to see it 'in the flesh'.

noodles...
This discussion has been closed.