GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

millisecond stopwatch, need help

part12studiospart12studios Posts: 619Member
edited November -1 in Working with GS (Mac)
Hi there,

I've been fishing around looking for someone else who might have tried this before.. but i'm looking for a reaction time feature.. like.. when you hear the beep.. press the button... your reaction time was 120ms.. etc

I'm looking for speed / accuracy.. i think overall i have the game in good shape, but i just don't know how to read a timer.. should i use the recently added iOS clock reading?

Please help! :)

Thanks
Caleb

Comments

• part12studiospart12studios Posts: 619Member
    Ok I think i found a solution.. seems that interpolate could do the job well enough for my needs. However if there is another method anyone cares to share, i'm all ears :)
  • old_kipperold_kipper Posts: 1,420Member
    At the start trigger grab the current game/scene time to a real attribute and then subtract it from the time of the touch or whatever that is the reaction of the player. This will give you a useable time but given the processing cycles, I am not sure of the actual accuracy. I have a reaction time game I've developed and and feed to 100th of a second. It seems pretty good, but beyond that I would have worries and no real way of testing it. There may be a way but I've not spent time thinking it through...

kipper
This discussion has been closed.