GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Before this forum dies...

PhoticsPhotics Posts: 4,172Member
edited 9:16AM in Miscellaneous
Apparently... the bbPress powered GameSalad forum is about to be shut down.

http://gamesalad.com/forums/topic.php?id=34858

And while I don't think it's the best forum software out there, it did the job. If you don't think so, here's a nice little web link...

http://gamesalad.com/forums/?mini-stats=statistics

I was looking at Google, checking links to my textbook, and I spotted the forum stats page. After looking at the numbers, it reminds me about the importance of technology. Even though bbPress isn't the best... and GameSalad is far from perfect... the discussions at the GameSalad forums have been going on for over three years.

Comments

  • scitunesscitunes Posts: 4,047Member, Sous Chef
    I guess I'm not sure what you are getting at. Do you think that new forum software will ruin the GS forum community culture?
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Posts: 9,934Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef
    That stat link is actually hidden down at the bottom of the page. :)

    I've actually been trying to over take QS for the number 2 spot for months now. I need to get him sick so I can gain a week or two on him. :)

    It's not my fault I never learned to take responsibility for anything. ;)

  • PhoticsPhotics Posts: 4,172Member
    scitunes said:
    I guess I'm not sure what you are getting at. Do you think that new forum software will ruin the GS forum community culture?

    I'm not sure how the new forum will effect the community. I think it depends how it's set up. It could be a new beginning for the forums.

    My point is that technical issues and lack of features didn't stop GameSalad from building up a sizable community.
  • scitunesscitunes Posts: 4,047Member, Sous Chef
    Photics said:
    I'm not sure how the new forum will effect the community. I think it depends how it's set up. It could be a new beginning for the forums.

    My point is that technical issues and lack of features didn't stop GameSalad from building up a sizable community.

    Ahh, gotcha
  • calvin9403calvin9403 Posts: 3,190Member
    tenrdrmer said:
    That stat link is actually hidden down at the bottom of the page. :)

    I've actually been trying to over take QS for the number 2 spot for months now. I need to get him sick so I can gain a week or two on him. :)

    try to pull tshirt down :P
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Posts: 9,934Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef
    calvin9403 said:
    try to pull tshirt down :P

    I closed the gap quite a bit over the summer :) Maybe next year.

    It's not my fault I never learned to take responsibility for anything. ;)

  • JPickardJPickard Posts: 477Member
    GameSalad.com/Forums is PEOPLE! IT'S PEEEOOOPPPLLEEEE!!!!

    </SoylentGreen.spoiler>
  • keweworkshopkeweworkshop Posts: 377Member
    tenrdrmer said:
    That stat link is actually hidden down at the bottom of the page. :)

    I never saw that before! That's pretty cool. hmmm now how to get on that list?? I think my only hope will be if they list stats for a new category...I really tried to think of something funny to write here but....I got nothin'...so I'm going with this :P
This discussion has been closed.