GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Mynameisace] Does Anybody Have Any Game Template Requests?

mynameisacemynameisace Hull, UKPosts: 2,484Member
edited November 2011 in Working with GS (Mac)
Hey Guys,

Now I'm back to working on Gamesalad full-time and have been accepted as a Gamesalad Marketplace developer, I am going to start making templates for the Marketplace (don't worry; I'll still be uploading free templates and helping people on here/on Skype/etc).

To start off, I want to see what people want, so if anyone has an iOS game that they think would be a cool template, if it's do-able in GS (and even if it isn't - I'm up for a challenge haha) then I'll make it and submit it to the Marketplace.

Not seeing a place to add polls in this new forum, but if that feature comes I'll add a poll of the most common suggestions to see what to do first.

I won't be charging much for the templates because I want to help people out as much as possible, but going to put a lot of time in to these and need to pay the bills and keep my newborn fed :)

Ace

Comments

• MotherHooseMotherHoose Posts: 2,456Member
    Great Ace!

♥ love your work!

MH
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Posts: 5,390Member
    Zombie Gunship - a 2D take on it could be kinda cool. Puzzlely, brain thinking stuff is always good.
  • TinyheroTinyhero Posts: 17Member
    Tiny Wings Template
  • HoneyTribeStudiosHoneyTribeStudios Posts: 1,792Member
    Infinity Blade 2. I'm even willing to generously pay $1.29 for this template. Deal?

Give me a buzz if you need some original music in your games.

• mynameisacemynameisace Hull, UKPosts: 2,484Member
    @upmistik and @beefy_clyro - I'll take a look at that game, I've not actually played if before, but will check it out tomorrow.

@Basseman - That could be one for the future, I know there are a few runner templates out there, but the randomised level idea is a great one.

@MotherHoose - Thanks Hoosey :) I'm only where I am today because of help from you when I first started out all that time ago!

@Tinyhero - I believe @JohnPapiomitis has a Tiny Wings template. I'm not going to step on other people's feet by doing templates that already exist and I want to get new stuff out there.

@HoneyTribeStudios - Dude, I'm not about to rip you off. For such an easy thing to achieve in Gamesalad like Infinity Blade 2, I'm not going to charge for than a dollar. I believe Infinity Blade and the sequel were both coded exclusively in Gamesalad ;)

I'm bore with the @ feature now :)

Ace
  • ClunkyDClunkyD Posts: 74Member
    Line runner
  • ozboybrianozboybrian Posts: 2,102PRO
    edited November 2011
    A platform Template that includes flying, walking, jumping, running and combat for one character.

I really hope to see you on Skype mate! I'm on all the time now.
    @ClunkyD - This thread has made me realise how little amount of iOS games I've played haha. I'll get that one tomorrow, too and do that.

@Ozboybrian - I have LOADS of platformer mechanics on my hard drive from things I've played around with since I'm a HUGE fan of platformers. I would have to make it a lot different from Darren's great platformer template (http://www.deepblueapps.com/Deep_Blue_Ideas_Ltd./GSTemplatePFT.html) but I'd be up for that. I've PM'd you my new Skype username, but I'm not always on there anyway.

Ace
  • gregr209gregr209 Posts: 441Member
    Whatever template you might do please add notes! Add notes every where you can! I have purchased several templates over the last couple of months and NONE of them had notes or explained how the template(s) worked. Yeah I can figure it all out but gosh it would be nice to have some notes. We all don't approach things the same way so a note to explain this rule does this or this rule does that would be oh so helpful.

Usually when I do my own apps I document them. I guess this comes from my old programming days :-)

There was a free array demo template someone on this forum did that was loaded with notes. It was awesome and I appreciated it!

Just food for thought. Not trying to be a jerk. I love all the templates I have purchased and appreciate all the work put into them.

Greg
    edited November 2011
    Added ya buddy.

I agree with Greg. Notes are good.
    My Graphics artist and I are planning a huge project after we finish our current game. It would be a GS First and I think you'd enjoy being a part of our creative team : )
    (Not saying it on here as I really do want to be the first haha)
    @gregr209 - Without a doubt, they will be loaded with notes. I agree, we all approach stuff differently an there are a thousand and one ways to do each thing in Gamesalad do it'll be a full essay of notes :)

Ace
    One main note on where to go to edit certain features would be good too.

I sent Darrens Cookie Match Template off to Technical support cause I got lost. : )
  • SnapFireSnapFire Posts: 361Member
    Can you give us a link to this Tiny Wings Template? I've got to see that!

-Thomas
  • gteteris001gteteris001 Posts: 51Member
    Stickwar template. It's not a ios game but you can play stickwar on stickpage.com
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Posts: 6,256Member
    @ Ace and everyone

The last couple of updated messed up the tiny wings template bad so i no longer sell it. Im working on a couple things in gamesalad as well as a major project in c# so have no where near the time to go threw and fix and adjust everything

So by all means ace feel free to make you own tiny wings template if you want!
  • SkyMapleSkyMaple Posts: 817Member
    edited December 2011
    Ace, how about a template for "Where's my Water?"! :D

(Although I'm sure its not possible yet in GS)
  • chaleychaley Posts: 226Member, PRO
    I second the "notes" comment. It's a MASSIVE help to understand the "why" behind the controls. I'm a huge fan of endless runners, so a complete endless runner templatenwould be great. By "complete" , I mean one that has parallax scrolling backgrounds and controls to make the animations of the runner speed up as the camera speeds up.
  • calvin9403calvin9403 Posts: 3,190Member
    @HoneyTribeStudios

i don;t think you should waste a dollor on that, go buy a coke instead

anyway ace i think a template like jelly cae will be good

calvin
  • LeonardDeveloperLeonardDeveloper Posts: 4,630Member
    I have a few!! :D

--
    This is a big one but would be great for gs: Godfinger : (Maybe sell it for 100-200)
    --
    Pocket god (another big one) {this will probably be impossible}
    --
    Some........................... Possible ones!! :D
    Ninja throw: http://www.chillingo.com/games/ninja-throw/
    Oven break: http://www.facebook.com/OvenBreak
    Hey guys,

Thanks for the great suggestion, I'm not ignoring them :)

I'm about 3/4 of the way through making a clone of Line Runner and will be finishing that up on Monday and start on another, I'll have a look at them all on Tuesdsy, see which one entertains me. I do like the idea of that video @LeonardDeveloper, it looks like it'll be a lot of work, but a lot of fun!

Ace
  • LeonardDeveloperLeonardDeveloper Posts: 4,630Member
    Thanks Ace!!,
    This would be a lot of work but it would be a KILLER template for GS,
    Jack
    --
    @mynameisace
    Looking forward to your upcoming templates, shoot me an email when they're up ; [email protected]
  • calvin9403calvin9403 Posts: 3,190Member
    @gteteris100 there is a game in the iOS call stick wars too , I know the developer quite well, dunno if we are talking about the same game though

• SnapFireSnapFire Posts: 361Member
    So are you going to make a tiny wings template? please?

-Thomas
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Posts: 8,960Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick GameSalad Employee
    @SnapFire -

Correct me if I'm wrong, I believe there is already a GameSalad template for Tiny Wings on YouTube?
    @Braydon_SFX

check my post above :)
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Posts: 8,960Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick GameSalad Employee
    @John - So it's your eh? ;-)
    yeppers

still get tons of emails about it to so it might be a cool thing for ace to make

cheers
    edited December 2011
    @John - Ah indeed. I guess I was corrected. Looked nice, great job though. :-)

• gteteris001gteteris001 Posts: 51Member
    1. Stick war ont the internet , not the ios.
    2. doodle god
    3. Tiny tower (will probably be really hard so maybe charge it 100 or more)
  • macewanmacewan Posts: 214Member
    doodle jump that works in iOS 5
This discussion has been closed.