GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pinch zoom

GhostShipAppsGhostShipApps Posts: 81Member
edited December 2011 in Working with GS (Mac)
Hi all, I'm trying to create a pinch zoom effect and for that I followed the cookbook tutorial on this link http://cookbook.gamesalad.com/question/4e2036d8db04ec4f0b000080
It's working fine but I still need one part that seems to be missing from there and it is how to use the distancetouch attribute (the distance between touch 1 and touch2) to zoom the camera in and out, rules are working fine but I still can't manage to create the zoom effect. If anyone has tried this before or knows the rule that I need to use, and is willing to share the secret... Thanks so much!

Comments

• tenrdrmertenrdrmer Posts: 9,934Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef
    To zoom in you have to manipulate the camera size to something smaller than the scene. Im not sure if that tutorial covers that. So hopefully that helps get you on track. Also you can only access the camera attributes from an unlocked Instance of an actor.

Cheers

It's not my fault I never learned to take responsibility for anything. ;)

• GhostShipAppsGhostShipApps Posts: 81Member
    Thanks tenrdrmer, it is working now and it's awesome. It does not feels the native pinch zoom yet but it's doing it./

• afkaplanafkaplan Posts: 5Member
    Hey ghost, i was trying to make the same effect but having a difficult time. could you make a demo or point me in the right direction code wise?

Thanks in advance!
  • MagoNicolasMagoNicolas Posts: 2,090Member, PRO
    Hello There, this is something I was trying to do!

Can Someone Make a Demo? Im having problems with this Tutorial.

Cheers.
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Posts: 9,913Member
    Try using an interpolate behavior instead of a change attribute and set ease in and out
This discussion has been closed.