GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

youtube game trailers

MusicBoutiqueMusicBoutique Posts: 97Member
Hi, I've been seeing some really nice GS game trailers on youtube, and was wondering how you guys are making them. Is there a useful software to use other than a video screen grab of the desktop :)
thanks for any tips!

Comments

• SlickZeroSlickZero Houston, TexasPosts: 2,870Member, Sous Chef
    You could use iMovie templates, but when you use iMovie templates, it looks like you used….iMovie templates.

Most of the general public won't recognize it, though.

I have no friends. I'm a loser that makes video games all day. Will you be my friend?

• MusicBoutiqueMusicBoutique Posts: 97Member
    Thanks SlickZero! that's very useful I'll look into it. I'm sure it will look a lot better than what i have now even if its a template.
  • indiegamedesignerindiegamedesigner Posts: 154Member
    edited February 2012
    If you have access to After Effects you should check out these: http://videohive.net/category/after-effects-project-files/video-displays

After Effects or any other motion graphics software is the way to go if you are aiming to impress. Don't be too overwhelmed if you are not used to After Effects, those templates are 'Drag, Drop & Render'

Good luck.
  • EatingMyHatEatingMyHat Posts: 1,246Member
    Sound Stage and iMovie for me. I started to work a bit with Camtasia lately which also have some nice features.

image Follow on Facebook and the Blog
    Check out my templates in the GS Marketplace or at the store
This discussion has been closed.