Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

∆∆ I need to make a decision pro.. or wait... ∆∆

LeonardDeveloperLeonardDeveloper Posts: 4,630Member
edited February 2012 in Miscellaneous
Dear Readers, (I like being formal :D )
Anyway so I've been with GS for a long while now, And I've got 4 upcoming projects that I'm just putting the finishing coat on, Im jus trying to decide on to go pro or not... The price for me in Ireland is €370... which is $500.. Im just trying to convince myself and decide... on whether or not to go pro.. or wit it out for some new features...
We already have some pretty juicy features... I just I have a feeling.... Theres an apple like "One more thing" around the corner in about 4 months.. Should I maybe wait until they drag GS out of beta... Which could be another 4 months...
Thanks for your help,
J. Leonard


  • POMPOM Posts: 2,599Member
    This should be in 'Miscellaneous' mate , not in 'Working with GameSalad' ..

    Obviously Im not gonna make a 500$ decision for you , its your money , but the logic is very simple
    If you have games ready to publish that needs the pro features , go pro ..
    If you have games ready to publish that doesn't needs the pro features , don't go pro ..
    If you don't have games to publish yet, go pro once you'll finish them ..

    Just a thought ..

  • Rob2Rob2 Posts: 2,402Member
    If you can spare the money and need pro features go for it. I opened a game with Play Haven the other day and spent over twenty seconds staring at a black screen - no loading indicator or anything .. only to be presented with a badly composed screen with aliased graphics (thats the Play Haven screen btw) - what utter crap. So yes you need to get rid of Play Haven as it is total poop. Personally I don't think pro is worth it - $200 probably - but near enough the price of a new iPad - no way.
  • LumpAppsLumpApps Posts: 2,869Member
    Dear Sir, :p
    I agree with T.
    Particularly point 1.
    When your game is good enough you will earn your money back.
  • MotherHooseMotherHoose Posts: 2,456Member
    ah to be so young! … when 7 months is "a long while"
    I have games that are awaiting GS features … that have been WIPs … for longer than that!

    That is to say … you have come a long way in a short time! … and, you have done some great stuff!

    but, any decisions, for your business, have to be personal … do you want the pro features? … do you need them now? or for future projects?

    when it came time for me to decide whether or not to renew my pro … it was easy … monetization isn't my thing!
    and, I always know what I am willing to pay for what I am getting.

    because you are looking for someone else to help you make this decision …
    you may have already decided and just want/need encouragement to go ahead.
    trust your feelings … right or wrong … they are based on your personal survival instincts!

    @};- MH
  • LeonardDeveloperLeonardDeveloper Posts: 4,630Member
    Thanks roy!
    @tshirtbooth I already have a few games on the app store, And tehyre all fairly all right I was just saying I have 4 new projects.. So probably yes...a nd maybe I should upgrade
    @rob2 Yeah.. well I want to get rid of PH thats one reason but $500 is steep.. But its not too steep....
    Yeah.. :)
    ah to be so young! … when 7 months is "a long while"
    Wow never knew you were here since 2009... I thought you only came this year... as Ive been here for a year and a bit and haven't noticed you on the forums... :) well yes I want the pro Features.. Yeah.. I sort of want to go ahead... €300 is fairly easy for me.. If it was €500 it would be harder! :D But I Think I've fairly much decided... But I feel I want to wait.. To wait till GS drops lua.. So I get the most of my upcoming games..
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Posts: 10,384Member, Sous Chef, PRO
    Wait until your games are feature complete and then upgrade. I let my subscription lapse as I am not where near ready to release my new game. We I get 90% there and need to implement android / game center I'll upgrade.
  • LeonardDeveloperLeonardDeveloper Posts: 4,630Member
    Thanks! :) Ill deffinately wait till tehyre on the app store and ready to go..
This discussion has been closed.