GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Someone to create drum icons for me? (will be paid for)

dbvoyagerdbvoyager Posts: 2Member
Hello everybody,

this thing is simple. I want 65x65 (PNG) drum icons, well it's actually drum elements(you'll see what I mean)

I want one bass drum, one snare drum, one hi-hat cymbal, one crash cymbal, one ride cymbal and two toms(toms will be different color than each other). they'll be like cartoon work, like these: http://www.iconshock.com/icon-sets/stroke-musical-instruments-icons.html (when you're on the page, scroll down till you see sort of animated instruments icons)

also, I want them not to have any background. hope you see my point here, I want them without backgrounds so I can put them wherever I want.

not asking for uber super professional work, so I'm not willing to pay you a big amount of money. if I were, i'd purchase from the link I just put up there.

I want 7 pieces at total(count above if you'd like), so I can pay $15 for the whole pack(fair enough, $2 for each element).

Not sure if the forum has private messaging available, pm me anyways. I'll add my mail if neccesary.

Comments

• GnomerGnomer Posts: 292Member
    Not sure if that's enough pay to get anything of good quality :( Someone might do it though.

Have you given them a go yourself, learning to do art is a very useful skill in this business :)
  • dbvoyagerdbvoyager Posts: 2Member
    edited February 2012
    Not sure if that's enough pay to get anything of good quality :( Someone might do it though.

Have you given them a go yourself, learning to do art is a very useful skill in this business :)
    Umm, about the price, well that might be a little low for a custom work but in the end they are regular icons and you see all other images are around 1-2 dollars at the shop. so I think $15 should be enough. I said I'm not asking for a pro job, I just need them neat and colorful, that's all. no deep details, no uber design, just regular pics looking alright.

about giving it a try by myself, I tried. not a big try but maybe I just didn't know how to start it properly, I don't know. and you're right about learning how to draw, it's a very special and useful skill in this business which I certainly don't have (yet, maybe I take a serious try later)

thanks for your comment
  • GnomerGnomer Posts: 292Member
    Yeah, I'm trying to learn as well, Sooo frustrating haha I just have no idea where to start. I find looking at other work helps me.

Back to the topic though, if someone wants to help please post :)
  • titostitos Posts: 41Member
    I can make a drum icon for you.
  • FranzKellerFranzKeller Posts: 517Member
    Making a music game or something?

$2 per icon? Are you serious? ;-)
    Keep in mind you'll sell more copies of your app if it looks good.
This discussion has been closed.