GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help - Actors sliding along walls & Actors behind each other Issues

singhmrpsinghmrp Posts: 6Member
edited April 2012 in Working with GS (Mac)
Hi all,

I'm new to GameSalad however am experiencing 2 issues, I've spent the last few days trying to resolve however had no luck - hope someone here can help.

Issue 1 - I have 4 walls along the edge of the screen. There are 3 actors which randomly move around the screen and collide/bounce off the walls. The issue I'm experiencing is once the actors touch the wall, they somehow 'attach' to it and continue to slide along there. What I want is for them to simply bounce off and continue.

Issue 2 - The actors mentioned above should be destroyed on being pressed. However if there are 2 actors behind each other, on tapping one, the one behind also gets destroyed. How do i avoid this?

Look forward to your replies.

Thanks.

Best Answers

• tatiangtatiang Posts: 11,786Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef
    Accepted Answer
    Use Change Velocity or Change Attribute self.motion.linear velocity.x/y to [random values] instead of Move or Move To.

In the wall actor's attributes, change the Physics-->Restitution value to something high enough to create a bounce (1 or more).

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• MotherHooseMotherHoose Posts: 2,456Member
    Accepted Answer
    issue#2 … have the actors collide with each other … so they are never in an overlapping state???

image MH
  • MotherHooseMotherHoose Posts: 2,456Member
    Accepted Answer
    sorry missed your post yesterday … @singhmrp

if your actors are in your scene:

demo: http://www.mediafire.com/?gel8198f27fbk7f

image MH

Answers

• singhmrpsinghmrp Posts: 6Member
    edited April 2012
    Hey - great that was it. Note I also had to change X.Velocity and Y.Velocity to minus values when it collided with the wall to prevent it sliding.

Any ideas on issue number 2?
    Hi,

Yes that to prevent overlapping does solve the issue however I would like the actors to go behind each other.

Thanks - I see it now.
This discussion has been closed.