GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DropQuest 2012 anyone? Get up to an extra 1GB free on DropBox!!!

tenrdrmertenrdrmer Posts: 9,934Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef
edited May 2012 in Miscellaneous
Hey guys just wanted to let everyone know about a way to add up to 1GB to their drop box account.

Drop Box is running an online scavenger hunt. Check it out here. https://www.dropbox.com/dropquest2012/ No I don't get any kind of referral rewards for sending you there i'm posting this for anyone who likes extra free space at the cost of a fun challenge.

Now since you have accused me. ;) Here is a referral link that will give me and you extra space ( http://db.tt/OMdGU0t ) if you don't already have a DropBox. Feel free to use it if you want. Otherwise you can probably just sign up through the DropQuest link.

Cheers

Also please do not run turn this thread into a how to for DropQuest. I will make sure to close it if it does as the Drop Quest rules clearly prohibit using forums to cheat.

It's not my fault I never learned to take responsibility for anything. ;)

Comments

• tenrdrmertenrdrmer Posts: 9,934Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef
    @jonmulcahy Yeah no problem. I love getting free extra space on DropBox. I'm up to 7.5 GB on my account and thats just from the promos they do here and there. I don't think I have ever used the referral system.

• DreamLabDreamLab Posts: 2,127Member
    Awesome find! Thanks!
  • jckmcgrawjckmcgraw Posts: 647Member
    @tenrdrmer

1 free GB, here I come!
  • youngster9youngster9 Posts: 326Member
    Yeah I got around 69,500th place
    @youngster9 Congrats. I placed #17251 when I went through it yesterday. Some of those are seriously hard to figure out.

edited May 2012
    @tenrdrmer

I'm not even close to finished, and it looks like the prizes are all sold out. Better get 'em next time ;)
    edited May 2012
    You still get 1GB for finishing and the prizes are based on where you place. I dont think they have handed them out yet since people are stilling doing the hunt. It jus started yesterday I would say dont give up yet. And you actually get little bits of space for most of the steps you complete. Thats why its up to 1GB.

edited May 2012
    @tenrdrmer

Looks like I might give it another go. I'm not feeling very smart today... stuck on step 2 :/
  • SinSquidSinSquid Posts: 135Member, PRO
    Thanx a lot for the tip. I cheated, and found the answers on google, but it still took me about 10 minutes, but now I have an extra GB on my dropbox. Niiice!
    @SinSquid

[-X
  • BarrytheBraveBarrytheBrave Posts: 134Member
    I doubt that 99 percent of the people who completed it did it without cheating. It's seriously difficult!
    Thanx a lot for the tip. I cheated, and found the answers on google, but it still took me about 10 minutes, but now I have an extra GB on my dropbox. Niiice!
    Im pretty sure a 10 min completion time is going to sound the alarm. Wouldn't be surprised if you lose your 1GB

• BarrytheBraveBarrytheBrave Posts: 134Member
    Im pretty sure a 10 min completion time is going to sound the alarm. Wouldn't be surprised if you lose your 1GB
    Haha 10 mins - my completion time was 44 hours!
This discussion has been closed.