GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'll eat up all the ice cream that you've got on your shelf, so just let me introduce myself...

SteveSmith3SteveSmith3 Posts: 1Member
edited June 2012 in Introductions
Hey there salad peoples! I discovered GameSalad while watching Extra Credits, a video series about games and how to make them better.
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/show/extra-credits

While pursuing my computer science degree I've learned that the less code you write, the better, and for the game that I've been wanting to make it seems like I probably shouldn't have to write any code at all.

I want to make a platformer, hopefully with some rpg-like elements. I don't want to just include experience points, levels, earned abilities, and the like. I also want to add dialog and simple cut-scenes. For me, a video game is best when it's basically an interactive cartoon or movie. That's just what I want to create, something simple that allows me to tell a fun and engaging story. One that uses the interactivity of a video game to further engage the player in character's lives and the plot.

I'm hopeful that GameSalad will allow me to do this faster than I otherwise would by letting me focus on what I feel is important, rather than spending time writing my version of code that has existed in various forms for 20+ years.

Answers

• scitunesscitunes Posts: 4,047Member, Sous Chef
    Welcome to GameSalad! I'm excited to see what you come up with!
  • jckmcgrawjckmcgraw Posts: 647Member
    edited June 2012
    Good luck with your endeavors! If you need help with anything, don't hesitate to post a question on the forums. :)

Regards,
    Jack McGraw
  • EatingMyHatEatingMyHat Posts: 1,246Member
    Welcome!
  • ktfrightktfright Posts: 964Member
    Welcome to GameSalad! If you need any music for your app, I can be your guy. Have fun creating your game!
  • SteveSmith3SteveSmith3 Posts: 1Member
    Welcome to GameSalad! If you need any music for your app, I can be your guy. Have fun creating your game!
    I hadn't considered this, but the marketplace must be a great way to get art, music, and whatnot. I can draw and play the ukulele but it might not be a bad idea to pay a talented person to make music or other resources I require.
This discussion has been closed.