GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

some questions.

AdamgoproAdamgopro Posts: 310Member
ok i have just finished a game on a windows machine i am going to purchase a mac very soon what exactly do i need to get my game onto the apple store? how much will i have to spend in total? i know i need the development licence.
how would i make profit from my game Thats if it does...
and could i use any mac or apple pc...computer ect...to publish it?
need all the information i can get would really appreciate it thanks!

Best Answers

  • ChobbifaceChobbiface Posts: 491PRO
    Accepted Answer
    In answer to your other questions.

    1. As a free GS user, you could make a potential profit by listing your game as paid on the app store. As a pro GS user, you would have additional monetization options such as iAds, Playhaven and Kiip. Of course, you could also then publish your app on Google Play/Android & Amazon app stores.

    Apple takes 30% cut, you get remaining 70%.

    2. You can use any mac to publish
  • mynameisacemynameisace Hull, UKPosts: 2,484Member
    Accepted Answer
    Mac OS is the Mac's operating system (Lion, Snow Leopard, etc) and has a dedicated App Store for games (in the same vein as Steam) and iOS is the iPhone and iPad operating system for the App Store most people know. You don't need to purchase the membership for the Mac OS to publish to iPhone and iPad, it is completely optional.

    Ace
  • ChobbifaceChobbiface Posts: 491PRO
    edited June 2012 Accepted Answer
    Well mac is for releasing apps on to the mac app store - accessible on computers. iOS is for iphone/ipod touches and ipad

Answers

  • JustMe74JustMe74 Posts: 542Member, PRO
    https://developer.apple.com/

    There are two programs - one for iOS and one for Mac OS. If you want to publish to either one of those platforms, you'll have to join the program. Each one costs $99 per year.
  • AdamgoproAdamgopro Posts: 310Member
    edited June 2012
    https://developer.apple.com/

    There are two programs - one for iOS and one for Mac OS. If you want to publish to either one of those platforms, you'll have to join the program. Each one costs $99 per year.
    What's the difference between mac os and iOS?
This discussion has been closed.