GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many downloads does your game typically get in one week?

master200012master200012 Posts: 372Member
I amn't sure whether I should be celebrating with the release of my first new game, so I made this poll to see the average number of downloads. You are welcome to vote or comment, but you do not have to give any information. I understand this may be private info, but thanks for your input!

How many downloads does your game typically get in one week? 55 votes

1000+
10% 6 votes
500-999
3% 2 votes
100-499
9% 5 votes
10-99
32% 18 votes
9 or less
43% 24 votes

Comments

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Posts: 8,959Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick GameSalad Employee
    If it is the first week for the app (live on the App Store) than it's probably 100+

However, after it dies down I'm getting around 15.
  • maxbeaumontmaxbeaumont Posts: 616Member
    Were about to release our first app in a couple weeks. I'll let you know how it goes download wise!

Cheers
    Max

Decipherr.com - The next generation of app marketing

• IcedBIcedB Posts: 384Member, PRO
    why not make two polls? one for paid revenue, the other for free downloads

Check out my other apps at and get in touch with me at : www.freshtouchmedia.com

• patapplepatapple Posts: 873Member
    @IcedB all right, it makes no sense this poll.
    @master200012 did you mean paid or free or both?
  • josepedro123josepedro123 Posts: 1Member
    I think this post is in fact very interesting, its my first time developing a game and i hope earn at least enought money to buy a new mac, but i dont know the averege of sells in the app market...

would be great if you specify free and paid downloads!
  • master200012master200012 Posts: 372Member
    I was actually assuming the lite version (free) of an app.

Also, it depends on whether or not you market it.

Not to be pessimistic but for a paid version, in my opinion, the app would hardly sell...:P
  • deadlightsdeadlights Posts: 235Member, PRO
    Depends on the platform (iOS, Kindle, Nook, etc). My best app about 1200+ per week.
    @deadlights

*psssshhhhaaaaaa* Show-off!

jk :P
  • DanDaMan123DanDaMan123 Posts: 216Member
    Oh I answered how many for paid apps. When I put my game free for a week it was in the 1000+ category each day. For paid apps, so far it's in the 10-99.
    edited June 2012
    LOL @master200012
    If it makes you feel better, most of my apps only get like 10-15 downloads per week, and I don't use GameSalad for all of them :)
    nah, I'm fine, @deadlights .

But it does interest me which markets tend to sell better.

I heard the Kindle sells great, I know business on the App Store is harsh, but I haven't heard much about the other markets.

Any experience on this?
    @master200012 In my experience, I sell way more on the Nook than the Kindle. It really depends on the genre of game though. On the iPhone, my action/adventure games do better, while on the Nook, my educational games do much better. The Kindle is kind of hit or miss for me, I haven't really figured out what works there :)
  • crazycam99crazycam99 Paris, FrancePosts: 519Member
    Some days I get up to 300 downloads and some days I get 1 download. The minimum I get in a week is 30 downloads and the maximum is 400 downloads.
This discussion has been closed.