GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Loading symbol?

KillerPenguinStudiosKillerPenguinStudios Posts: 1,291Member
edited August 2012 in Working with GS (Mac)
Hello all,
This is in regards to the loading symbol that appears when your game is waiting to go to the next scene. I was curious that if you have the pro version are you able to replace the loading image and/or move it to a different location of the screen.

Thanks in advance,
Killerpenguins

Comments

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Posts: 8,960Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick GameSalad Employee
    Nope, not yet.
  • Open your app by selecting the show contents button and replace the loading image with your own. It will be in the same spot but it will be whatever you replaced the image with.
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Posts: 9,934Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef
    kfeavel said:

Open your app by selecting the show contents button and replace the loading image with your own. It will be in the same spot but it will be whatever you replaced the image with.

Yeah..... That doesn't actually work for a couple of reasons. First once you change a file inside the .app it breaks the code sign on the app. Therefore you can no longer load it on a device.

Second. The loading wheel at least on iOS apps is built into apples UI kit it's not in the app file at all. It's in the device.

It's not my fault I never learned to take responsibility for anything. ;)

• creativeappscreativeapps Posts: 1,771Member
    Later we can reduce that loading wheel timing with lua free. Wish it comes fast.
  • LeonardDeveloperLeonardDeveloper Posts: 4,630Member
    And apple are hoping to change the design of the standard Loading wheel
This discussion has been closed.