GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

tips for a simple app-supporting website?

KangavarkKangavark Posts: 62Member
I heard wordpress was a good place to go for a simple website to support your app. Has anyone here used it, and would you recommend it or another webhost/site?
Looking for something cheap and easy :)
thanks!

Comments

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Posts: 10,376Member, Sous Chef
    edited September 2012
    I use wordpress, but I host it myself and I bought a theme I liked
    http://www.icebergapps.com

you can do wonderful things with the plugins you can find. I'm very happy with it, and it's pretty easy to setup.
  • PhoticsPhotics Posts: 4,172Member
    Kangavark said:

I heard wordpress was a good place to go for a simple website to support your app. Has anyone here used it, and would you recommend it or another webhost/site?
    Looking for something cheap and easy :)
    thanks!

I've been using WordPress for years. I recently switched my site over to Drupal — but switched back because WordPress is easier to work with.

I don't use wordpress.com though. I downloaded the software from wordpress.org and I use my own web host. That way, I have more freedom to customize my site.
  • carlblanchetcarlblanchet Posts: 755Member
    @jonmulcahy @Photics What do you guys mean by your own web host. Do you mean like hostgator.com?
  • Barking_AppsBarking_Apps Posts: 182Member
    I can make you a website for only $35, check out my work... www.barkingsalad.com

• KangavarkKangavark Posts: 62Member
    thanks everyone. I think I'm going to go with wordpress.org and find a host for the flexibility.
  • Team6LabsTeam6Labs Posts: 541Member
    try go daddy or webs. if you don't know html and want a good site builder

Revive Apps Getting Low Downloads - http://www.AppReviver.com

• wayneh001wayneh001 Posts: 300Member
    If you can, try and find a host, that'll let you edit the [php.ini] file.
    There a a few 'minor' limitations that you can run into with WordPress, and without access to the php.ini file, or the ability to make changes to it - it can make thing's awkward. Unless you have a dedicated server.

Also, been testing DaddyCheese Hostings out - for our new dedicated 144 user MINECRAFT SERVER. Seems pretty stable !

Wayne
This discussion has been closed.