GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I BECOME TO CRAZY!!! Please let me know what i do wrong

BlackSheepTeamBlackSheepTeam Posts: 37Member
edited December 2012 in Working with GS (Mac)
Hello, during wornking with a GS 0.10.1 I become to crazy, for how mutch is slow on my computer is like a Comodere64!!

There's a special settings? or is normal?

Problem:

1) Slow very very slow
2) make time to do any action, double click on actor, scrolling actor in sidebar o imge
3) drag a behaviors in actor
4) move and drag actor on a board
And more...

I don't thik is a problem of my mac, is a MacPro Desk, QuandCore 2.66, 12Gb Ram, oSX Lion.

who have the same problem?

Thx for answare.

Comments

• gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Posts: 6,577Member, Sous Chef, PRO

Hi @kingmilano No way is this normal, especially considering the Mac you have.

Does this happen with a project you've been working on, only? What happens when you start a fresh GameSalad game file? If it's OK then, you might have something corrupted in your current gamefile. Have you any previous versions you could try, to see when the problem started?

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

• BlackSheepTeamBlackSheepTeam Posts: 37Member
    OOOOKEY what is the perfect solution on Machine? (we need to change the computers on work :) ) but i see one HDiPad old project is like a flash!! very very fast GSCreator and actors inside.

Theres a solution for the file corrupted?
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Posts: 9,913Member
    Once a file is corrupted it's nearly impossible to correct. This is why version saving is so vital. You may have to start from scratch or if you have time machine or an older working copy of the file start there. I know it's a bummer, which is why I version save everytime I begin work on a file and after I do major stuff I version save right then.
  • prince.studiosprince.studios Posts: 77Member
    Hey @kingmilano
    you can drag and move the actor by doing some att and this video helped me so i hope it will help you 2 :-

edited December 2012

Once a file is corrupted it's nearly impossible to correct. This is why version saving is so vital. You may have to start from scratch or if you have time machine or an older working copy of the file start there. I know it's a bummer, which is why I version save everytime I begin work on a file and after I do major stuff I version save right then.

The problem is why the file is corrupted!!!
    Thats a big problem and GS actually is bad (crash, corrupted file, broken actor with behaviors, and we pay 299$), in a your theory now I would over 20 copy of the same project or more, that's insane!

If I open project in PackageContent(mac) and copy Actors and action in to a new Project?
    I know it's crazy, but what other options I have? :(

@prince.studios thanks, but what to has to do with the discussion? :)
  • @kingmilano , @prince.studios you can only copy within a project but you can not copy one project actors to new project.

I am also experience to many crashes of gamesalad of 0.10.1 version. It is also experiencing gamesalad crash again and again, the project file is also corrupting. It run in simulator but actors are not editable.
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Posts: 9,913Member
    You can always delete past copies. Anyone who does computer work for a living knows the first investment is in a backup system. Why, because computer files can get corrupted. It takes 10 seconds to do a save as and later delete older copies but those ten seconds can save days and hours of work.
  • SocksSocks London, UK.Posts: 12,822Member

@kingmilano , @prince.studios you can only copy within a project but you can not copy one project actors to new project.

Sure you can, I copy actors between projects all the time.
    edited December 2012

You can always delete past copies. Anyone who does computer work for a living knows the first investment is in a backup system. Why, because computer files can get corrupted. It takes 10 seconds to do a save as and later delete older copies but those ten seconds can save days and hours of work.

Yep! This.

When working on a project I 'save as' every 10-20 minutes, incrementing the file version each time, at the end of the day the last 4 or 5 versions get backed up to an external drive and offline to DropBox.

I also noticed the other day when uploading a GS example file for someone here on the forums that mediafire gives you 50Gb of free private storage !

There really is no good reason to not have back ups of your work.
  • Socks said:

@kingmilano , @prince.studios you can only copy within a project but you can not copy one project actors to new project.

Sure you can, I copy actors between projects all the time.
    we can just copy actors within a project and it is not allowed to copy actor of one project to other project. We can only copy the rules/behavior (not correctly most of time as associated attribute are not exist in new project) between the projects.
    edited December 2012

. . . not allowed to copy actor of one project to other project . . .

Oh yes you can ! : )

Here's a quick movie for you:

http://www.mediafire.com/?61jcphixvgxo1ec
  • LowPriceMarketplace.comLowPriceMarketplace.com Posts: 46Member
    edited December 2012
    Socks said:

Thanks for sharing...

it will only work when actor has much less dependencies. It will not copy associated things with an actor like image, sounds or some properties which are not defined in new project.
    edited December 2012

. . . it will only work when actor has much less dependencies . . .

You are just adding in additional caveats now ! :) If you want an actor's image file to be copied over with the actor then you would, unsurprisingly, need to copy the actor's image file too.

But yes, you can copy actors from one project to another.
  • Socks said:

. . . it will only work when actor has much less dependencies . . .

You are just adding in additional caveats now ! :) If you want an actor's image file to be copied over with the actor then you would, unsurprisingly, need to copy the actor's image file too.

But yes, you can copy actors from one project to another.
    Yes agree, its allow to copy...thanks again for sharing
    Socks said:

That's cool, but what happen if you have many actors with a prototype behaviors and other modified in the stage?

If you copy actors from dashboard to other project with prototype behaviors and after move in a stage, is ok (your video)
    If you copy actors from stage to other stage? you lost a functionality of a custom behaviors in a stage?

What you think about to open the file.project to see what there is inside and copy the xml file inside to other project?

That's cool, but what happen if you have many actors with a prototype behaviors and other modified in the stage?

Copy and paste the behaviours.

@all I do a test and i confirm this is possible (i think only on mac, i dont know windows):

1) Create a empty project on GSCreator same set of your corrupted file (iPhone, iPad, Custom size).
    2) Right click or Alt+clik on your file corrupted.gameproj
    3) Click on "Show Package Content" do again on new project file.gameproj
    4) Copy all folders + object.xml from a corrupted project in to a new project and override all.

That's it that's all!!

You now have a perfect copy not corrupted of your project.

I know is a wannabe or lamer style, but it work! :D
    @kingmilano

Good stuff, glad you sorted it out.
This discussion has been closed.