GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

✮✮✮ 2 WIP Projects DBA ✮✮✮

UtopianGamesUtopianGames Posts: 5,686Member
edited January 2013 in Working with GS (Mac)
Over the last week i have been having a play with gs while taking a break from our main game and came up with the following.

Below is a nice example of a game i found on the app store a while back but can't remember the name, anyway you have a set amount of blocks to enter into different shapes.

I did this while thinking of level designs for our upcoming game, theres only a few blocks in but any shape is possible.

This is one I've had on the back burner for a while, the block remover games were very popular and here's my take on it.

A 360 world/s with various types of blocks, the twist here apart from the 360 gravity is there's multiple heroes to save and you can have 2 or more worlds on the same scene and also you dont have to destroy all the blocks to win (i never understood why developers made you destroy all blocks tbh:P)

Darren.

Comments

• DeadlySeriousMediaDeadlySeriousMedia ArizonaPosts: 838Member
    Like the second one alot!
  • GrapeSodaGamesGrapeSodaGames Posts: 93Member
    edited January 2013
    Both look great! Had been working on a game like your first one, but never figured out how to do it. Good job.

Grape Soda Games - Skype: grapesodagames - Twitter --- Meteor Madness

• SocksSocks London, UK.Posts: 12,822Member
    The second one is a great idea, get some nice graphics in there and that's a really good game.
  • LumpAppsLumpApps Posts: 2,869Member
    I would go for number 2 as well. Luckily I did not come up with it myself. I would never finish it because I would keep inventing new blocks. Great concept indeed. Very clever.
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Posts: 5,390Member
    Both are very good :)
    I think I know the first one your referring too, cant remember the name but i've seen the mrs playing it on her iPad
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Posts: 8,966Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick GameSalad Employee
    There's both really neat. Nice ideas man!
  • ElfizmElfizm Posts: 489Member
    Number 2 is very cool.

I sense an angry birds space template could be coming ;)

Good work though :)
  • richcoyrichcoy Posts: 211Member
    Great work Darren. Been thinking through a puzzler like your first example. I'll be checking your site for a template to purchase. :)
  • LordNastyLordNasty Posts: 18Member, PRO
    Great DBA's templates (as always) ;)
  • creativeappscreativeapps Posts: 1,770Member
    Looks interesting and as usual great mechanism. I am wondering what is that value top right corner in puzzle blocks game its changing every time.

Below is a nice example of a game i found on the app store a while back but can't remember the name, anyway you have a set amount of blocks to enter into different shapes.
    Darren.

Was the game called Montezuma Puzzle?
  • UtopianGamesUtopianGames Posts: 5,686Member
    Yes well done, it was nearly unplayable on iPad 1 for some reason it froze when you dragged the shape in the gride but I liked the idea.

Got an iPad 4 now so might try playing it again to see if it runs any better.

Darren.
    Mrs has it on hers and plays absolutely fine, seen no freezing! Has some UI elements that frustrate me but all runs ok .. Quite enjoyable
  • ChakkuChakku Posts: 1,513Member
    @DeepBlueApps.com

Haha! I was thinking of a game like this, although my GameSalad skills aren't high enough to make this ;)

you dont have to destroy all the blocks to win (i never understood why developers made you destroy all blocks tbh:P)

Yep, me too. However, sometimes you can get the guy onto the winning platform, but destroying all the blocks will move him from the platform somehow. It does add a bit of an extra challenge.

If it were my game, then I would not require that though.

Chakku
This discussion has been closed.