GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how do you guys create your animations

by animations i mean different movements of 1 character eg a man that runs, jumps ect. do you just create them individually or is there some program

Comments

• SnapFireStudiosSnapFireStudios Posts: 1,603Member
    edited February 2013
    Photoshop; I use the timeline feature sometimes. (For simple animations I mean.)
    - Thomas

EDIT: If you're looking for more advanced things i'd recommend either Flash or Blender.

Ignore females. Acquire currency.

• lycettebroslycettebros Posts: 1,598Member, PRO
    I use Flash for most animation work but sometimes After Effects etc. ;)
  • Illustrator + After Effects
  • LumpAppsLumpApps Posts: 2,868Member
    edited February 2013
    I use Illustrator or Blender 3d. For examples you can google stuff like this: http://www.google.nl/search?q=run+sequence+animation. (Go to the images tab the URL was a bit long)
  • AEPstudiosAEPstudios Posts: 110Member
    thanks guys my main problem is making it look accurate enough
  • LumpAppsLumpApps Posts: 2,868Member
    I believe that is a matter of skill. The examples I pointed at are great too. They help a lot to create a fluent animation. Also adding more frames gives a more fluent animation but for most game purposes 7 to 8 frames is enough.
  • YoRoosterYoRooster Posts: 159Member
    I use photoshop for my animations and create a separate layer for each part of the body which can be a pain to set up initially but it gives you some flexibility if you want to go back and tweak things. I'm interested in trying that new program "Spine", the new kickstarter project developed by Esoteric Software:

http://esotericsoftware.com/spine-videos/
  • lycettebroslycettebros Posts: 1,598Member, PRO
    YoRooster said:

I'm interested in trying that new program "Spine", the new kickstarter project developed by Esoteric Software:

http://esotericsoftware.com/spine-videos/

Thanks for the heads up @YoRooster I am always looking for new graphic tools.
  • YoRoosterYoRooster Posts: 159Member
    No problem @lycettebros I actually found out about Spine through someone else on here. Likewise, let me know if you see any tools yourself that might be useful.
  • TheGabfatherTheGabfather Posts: 633Member
    Photoshop + Anime Studio, quite an easy combination to work with for simple 2D animation.

0011 0010 0011 0010 0010 0000 0110 1101 0010 0000 0111 0011 0110 1001 0110 1110 0110 0111 0110 1100 0110 0101

• SlickZeroSlickZero Houston, TexasPosts: 2,870Member, Sous Chef
    Slight learning curve, but I concur, Photoshop, Illustrator and Anime Studio, or Toon Boom Studio.

I have no friends. I'm a loser that makes video games all day. Will you be my friend?

• AEPstudiosAEPstudios Posts: 110Member
    thanks everyone, spine looks good it reminds me of the old program 'pivot'
This discussion has been closed.