GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some actors will collide, while some don't? How come?

In my game I have actors spawning at random locations at the top of the scene, and falling to the bottom. Once they reach the bottom, they are set up to collide with the "floor" actor and to be destroyed, but while some get destroyed, others just fall right through my "floor" without colliding or getting destroyed. I am not sure why. help?

Best Answer

Answers

• FajlajpFajlajp Posts: 666Member
    What are you running? Mac or Pc? Could you send me the project?(or screenshots of the rules)
  • SoxProcsSoxProcs Posts: 11Member
    I am running on mac, but i am unsure how to post the screenshots on to the forums.
    No the floor actor is not movable. The weird thing is that about 3 quarters of the actors do what they are told, but then just a few will go right through the bottom instead of being destroyed?
  • TheGabfatherTheGabfather Posts: 633Member
    edited July 2013
    This happens for me too from time to time, with different projects.
    I think it has to do with the moving Actors moving at such a fast pace the Rule doesn't have enough time to finish checking the conditions (but not all the time, because most of them do get destroyed, right?).

A form of remedy for me would be making sure Actors involved have as few Rules in them as possible. Also try Darren's suggestion about checking the Attributes instead of checking for Collide or Overlap -- that's what I do too when I can't trim down the Rules any more.

0011 0010 0011 0010 0010 0000 0110 1101 0010 0000 0111 0011 0110 1001 0110 1110 0110 0111 0110 1100 0110 0101

I decided to just set it that once it reaches a point on the Y that is destroy itself, luckily for my project this method will have the same effect but it works 100% of the time. Thanks for the help and input though!
This discussion has been closed.